ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Didnt get a passport from UKBA and have to apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kool82
Newly Registered

Didnt get a passport from UKBA and have to apply for ILR

Post by kool82 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi guys,

The situation is that I have applied for my daughter's (2 yrs old) dependent visa in July 2012 and I havent received any decision from them till now.

I received a letter from them in end of Jan for her biometrics and we did that at the same time. Now my visa is expiring in May and I have to apply for my ILR in Mid of April as I have taken an appointement for that.

I applied for my passport return on 04th Mar 2013

Now my question is that if I dont get my passport on time, Can I still apply for ILR without passport?

Please help me in this situation.

Thanks & regards

Kool

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:05 pm

You definitely can and say to them they have the document already and give a refernce if you have.
Interesting to see if you can make a premier application though!

dk2011

Re: Didnt get a passport from UKBA and have to apply for ILR

Post by dk2011 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:11 pm

kool82 wrote:Hi guys,

The situation is that I have applied for my daughter's (2 yrs old) dependent visa in July 2012 and I havent received any decision from them till now.

I received a letter from them in end of Jan for her biometrics and we did that at the same time. Now my visa is expiring in May and I have to apply for my ILR in Mid of April as I have taken an appointement for that.

Now my question is that if I dont get my passport on time, Can I still apply for ILR without passport?

Thanks & regards

Kool

I thought for dependent VISA application we need to give photocopy of main applicant's passport and VISA/BRP and not the original passport. Is that not true ?

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Didnt get a passport from UKBA and have to apply for ILR

Post by longshift » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:50 am

dk2011 wrote:
kool82 wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks & regards

Kool

I thought for dependent VISA application we need to give photocopy of main applicant's passport and VISA/BRP and not the original passport. Is that not true ?
Photocopy should suffice in a dependant application. No need to send original.

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:23 am

Find the following link to request your passport back

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... documents/

All the best

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:53 am

Do you have a photocopy of your passport?
That would be your best option send them a photocopy of your passport qith the reference no.

And request your passport from the above link. That way you will have your document in time for aplying.

kool82
Newly Registered

Post by kool82 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Thanks guys for your replies

We have already requested twice and sent a request again today . I hope now they wont take another 20 days to return it.

Otherwise I'll apply without passport as I have a copy of all the documents.

Regards

Sheetal

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Yes you can still apply. Just write and attach a covering letter mentioning the reference and the situation on it.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

kool82
Newly Registered

passport

Post by kool82 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Thanks Shiraz,

I still didnt get my passport from them. Now I am planning to apply with the covering letter as you adviced (if I dont get my passport by this weekend).

The only problem is if I apply without passport on the same day service (premium service) then I dont think they will take the decision at the same time.

And I hope they wont take too long to take a decision.

Regards

Sheetal

kool82
Newly Registered

Post by kool82 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Hi Guys,

I still didnt receive my passport from UKBA and I applied for return of my documents on 04th March.

I sent a request to our local MP and even they didnt action it.

Now the problem is I can apply for my ILR without passport but they will take another 8-9 months to take a decision. So I want to apply in person for the same day decision.

My appointment is on 30th April. I have sent them 4 email requests for the return of my passport.

Does anybody know any other alternate to get my passport well on time?

Thanks & regards

Kool

kool82
Newly Registered

ILR success at sheffield office without passport

Post by kool82 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi guys,

First of all I want to Thank everybody to keep me updated in this forum and its been a very helpful forum for me.

Like I have mentioned my situation in forum, I didnt get my passport until 15th April so I postpond my appointment for 30th April in Cardiff because I was not getting any appoinment closeby.

I waited waited and involved MP, called enquiry office so many times but didnt get my passport. One day I called UKBA and asked for my passport and they told me that my passport is in Sheffield office. When I asked them that Can I apply in person without passport in Sheffield office. They told me not to apply in person without passport and put a covering letter instead but you must apply by post before your visa expires.

I was so upset I couldnt go anywhere out of country and didnt have that much of patience to wait for another 6 months if I apply by post.

So I thought to try in Sheffield office because my passport was there. I changed my appointment from Cardiff to Shefield on 30th April at 1000 hrs and went there 1 night early.

We had plan B also that if they wont accept the application in person then we'll send it straight away by post.

In the morning we reached UKBA office at 0930 hrs with the hopes that they accept my application without passport.

After security check we went to the reception and got our ticket then a lady called my number. I went there and she checked my application and just asked me if there is any dependant. I said no to her then she asked my passport and I told her that I have all the attaested copies of my passport and not the passport because passport is with you in this office.

I also told her that I have requested for my passport 4 times and showed her MPs letter and other evidences. She told me that before accepting your application I want to check with my seniors.

She came back after 2 minutes and said that she can accept my application because the passport is in Sheffield office. She told me to deposit money with the cashier. I was relaxed, Thank god they accepted it with smile on my face and thinking now atleast they will take the decision may be in a week's or 2 weeks time if not today.

I paid by my debit card and after some time they called for my Bio metrics and it went very smoothly.

At 1130 hrs they called me again and the case worker asked me that she has to go to her back office and ask politely with them to return your documents, so it will take time, you can go now for lunch and come back and report to reception desk.

We went out and were bit happy that they are working hard on it and were appreciating their work.

We came back at 1230 hrs and reported at reception desk. Then we waited for about 30 minutes. The case worker called me and I saw our passports in her hand. Relaxed again.. Thak god they didnt loose my passport.

She asked me what I want to do with my daughter's case. I said I want to withraw because there is no point keeping her passport with you because if you approve my ILR then I'll apply for British passport for my daughter and if you reject then I'll go back to my home country.

She said she'll call me again. We again waited for about 15 mins and were prepared for an interview call now.

She called me again and told me that my ILR is approved and I'll get my Bio metric card in 7 days time.

I was thrilled....

I must say that the staff was very cooperative and nice that they fount out my passports from back office and finished their work straight away.

I dont mind replying if somebody has any questions.

Thanks once again for all your help.

Regards