ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Taking children to passport interview office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

need_a_tier1

Taking children to passport interview office

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Myself and my partner booked our first adult passport interview recently. The person over the phone was in a hurry and booked both of us on the same date and time. I mentioned that it's my child's easter school holidays during that time and we will need to bring him with us so want different interview time slots. His answer was - No, Both of you will have to be seen at the same time (by different interviewers). As he was in a real hurry, he put the phone down soon after that.

No, this didn't look right to me and I asked a few people, so I decided to call IPS appointment line again the next day. And, I was shocked to hear that they don't allow children to be at the interview and if you bring your child to the interview then a decision will have to be made by the interview office whether to proceed with the interview or not.

I also called the IPS adviceline - and the lady told me that people bring their children to the inteview all the time, but she is not very sure.

Anyone had a similar experience.

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:48 pm

it will be on interviewer's discretion to allow child to sit with one of parent as you will be in different rooms, my friend went but they both had interviews in 30 minutes away so one got free then he took kid and wife went in

preetharch
Newly Registered

Post by preetharch » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:51 pm

I have just booked an interview appointment for my husband and I. The lady on the phone asked me if she could book the same time slots for both our interviews. I explained to her that we will be bringing in our baby so will need different time slots as one needs to be with the baby while the other one is interviewed. She was very accommodating and booked both of us in time slots one after the other. You should call them and ask if that is possible in your case. Hope that helps.

boloney

Post by boloney » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:55 pm

preetharch wrote:I have just booked an interview appointment for my husband and I. The lady on the phone asked me if she could book the same time slots for both our interviews. I explained to her that we will be bringing in our baby so will need different time slots as one needs to be with the baby while the other one is interviewed. She was very accommodating and booked both of us in time slots one after the other. You should call them and ask if that is possible in your case. Hope that helps.
I have exactly the same situation :) booked two slots one for 4.45 other one for 5.15

FunkMaster

Post by FunkMaster » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:26 am

I guess it depends how old your child is.

I saw a lady yesterday at the interview office (Reading) come with her son and he just sat in the reception area reading while his mother went for her interview.