ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ragsncl
Newly Registered

FLR (M)

Post by ragsncl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi,

I am making an FLR (M) application for my wife and I need some advice.

I am on Indefinite Leave to Remain since October 2012 (I was on HSMP for 3 years, then 2 years on Tier 1 General)

My wife is currently on Tier 1 General (Granted July 2010 after initial rejection - Error on UKBA side, appealed and got accepted). She wont be able to apply through the same Tier 1 General as she wont qualify for an extension.

The only option I could think of is to apply for FLR (M) as my dependent.

Could you please advise If this is the correct procedure?

Also could you please advise if our Marriage Certificate issued (original - Issued in India - We got married in July 2011) need to be certified here in the UK?

Thank you in advance.

ragsncl
Newly Registered

Post by ragsncl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Hi,

Is there any other spouse visa or flr(m) is the only option?

Also is it mandatory to have lived together for 2 full years for flr(m) Please advise.

Thank you.

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:09 am

The two year cohabitation requirement for FLR(M) only applies to unmarried partners. If you are intending to apply in the spouse sub-category that specific requirement does not apply, but you will need to be able to show a subsisting relationship.[/quote]

ragsncl
Newly Registered

Post by ragsncl » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:38 pm

anniecc, Thank you for your response.