ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings should be from professional job or any earnings?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zkhan101
Newly Registered

Earnings should be from professional job or any earnings?

Post by zkhan101 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:02 am

Hi,

Is there any 'professional earnings' condition for ILR visa; earnings must be from a particular profession?

I am on Tier 1 (General) visa which is valid till October 2014 and my five years as a Tier 1 visa holder would complete in March 2014 i.e. I will be qualified for ILR in March 2014.

I was granted Tier 1 (general) visa as an IT professional.

I am currently unemployed and want to become self employed but I am concerned if the proof of earning for me to be eligible for ILR visa must be from the IT profession or can it be from any job/self employment?

Do I have to seek an IT job again or can I do any other job provided I fulfill the level of income to qualify for the earning points?

Kind regards,
Z

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:09 am

There's no such requirement for HSMP/Tier1. You're free to take up any employment/profession.
Goodluck.

skilled_migrant

Re: Earnings should be from professional job or any earnings

Post by skilled_migrant » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:14 am

zkhan101 wrote:Hi,

Is there any 'professional earnings' condition for ILR visa; earnings must be from a particular profession?

I am on Tier 1 (General) visa which is valid till October 2014 and my five years as a Tier 1 visa holder would complete in March 2014 i.e. I will be qualified for ILR in March 2014.

I was granted Tier 1 (general) visa as an IT professional.

I am currently unemployed and want to become self employed but I am concerned if the proof of earning for me to be eligible for ILR visa must be from the IT profession or can it be from any job/self employment?

Do I have to seek an IT job again or can I do any other job provided I fulfill the level of income to qualify for the earning points?

Kind regards,
Z
There is no restriction on earnings by any profession. You can work as self employed IT professional, work in take away , run taxi or whatever you want. As long as you earn as much as your points requirement, it will be fine.

There a few types of earnings on which you can not claim points like income from property rental, interest on savings etc. For complete list of what is included and excluded see this link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /earnings/