ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Appointment for ILR – but wrong form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bryce
Newly Registered
New Zealand

PEO Appointment for ILR – but wrong form

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:52 am

Hello, I'm a New Zealander on an ancestry visa which expires 17 April. I went online back in February and booked a PEO Appointment in Birmingham for 26 March BUT selected FLR(O) by mistake not SET(O) – doing important things late at night isn't always wise!

Then recently a friend with ILR already pointed out I have the wrong form so I went online and I can't change the category to SET(O) on my appointment.

I rang the 0870 number and the guy was helpful but couldn't change the appointment, said my options are:

1. Go anyway and hope for the discretion of the officer on the day (which he seemed to think was at least possible)
At least FLR is pretty similar to SET so I won't be asking someone to work on a category they're unfamiliar with.

2. Cancel my appointment and try for another.

But having read on this forum how hard it is to get SET(O) appointments (or is that ANY appointment??) I'm thinking if I do that I could miss out entirely.

So, does anyone have experience of going in with the wrong form / officer's discretion, or any advice?

I figure worst case scenario is they refuse me on the day and I have to apply by post, but if I cancel now I may have to apply by post anyway....

Any thoughts?

Bryce

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 am

I would suggest keep looking for alternate appointment creating a new id. At the same time if your day approaches go for the PEO appointment and just say this is what happened and I was told by call centre to come and that you would consider. I am sure they will allow you.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Bryce
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:05 am

uksettlement wrote:I would suggest keep looking for alternate appointment creating a new id. At the same time if your day approaches go for the PEO appointment and just say this is what happened and I was told by call centre to come and that you would consider. I am sure they will allow you.
Thanks! Great idea...I did that and there wasn't a single appointment to be seen anywhere in the UK. So I kept my appointment and will be trying my luck on Tuesday.

oliphantism
Newly Registered

Post by oliphantism » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:36 am

Hey Bryce,

How'd you go?

I seem to have found myself in a similar position :(

Any help/feedback you could provide would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Neha

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:21 pm

oliphantism wrote:Hey Bryce,

How'd you go?

Thanks in advance,

Neha
Mate! I remember seeing Bryce has got his ILR. Please search the forum for his post. If you can't find it I will post it in the evening.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Kevin24 wrote:

How'd you go?

Thanks in advance,

Neha
Mate! I remember seeing Bryce has got his ILR. Please search the forum for his post. If you can't find it I will post it in the evening.
www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=130377

oliphantism
Newly Registered

Post by oliphantism » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Kevin24 - thanks for that!

Bryce
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Bryce » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:19 pm

[quote="Kevin24"][quote="oliphantism"]Hey Bryce,

How'd you go?

Thanks in advance,

Neha[/quote]

Hi Kevin, it went fine! I was ready to try and talk my way out of it but kept my mouth shut and just handed my SET(O) form over like nothing was wrong. Nobody said anything, and I was sent to the waiting room.

I think there could be an issue maybe if you had two forms that were very different, Ancestry vs Tier1 or whatever, or if you were going to an office that didnt handle that form or category. For instance I know Glasgow doesn't do self-employed applicants. Beforehand I figured that because both FLR and SET are ancestry there shouldn't' be a problem, but whether they thought the same and didn't mention it, or it simply didn't matter and they dont look anyway, I will never know.

Good luck!

Bryce

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Bryce wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

How'd you go?

Thanks in advance,

Neha

Hi Kevin, it went fine! I was ready to try and talk my way out of it but kept my mouth shut and just handed my SET(O) form over like nothing was wrong. Nobody said anything, and I was sent to the waiting room.

I think there could be an issue maybe if you had two forms that were very different, Ancestry vs Tier1 or whatever, or if you were going to an office that didnt handle that form or category. For instance I know Glasgow doesn't do self-employed applicants. Beforehand I figured that because both FLR and SET are ancestry there shouldn't' be a problem, but whether they thought the same and didn't mention it, or it simply didn't matter and they dont look anyway, I will never know.

Good luck!

Bryce
Thank You Bryce. Enjoy Your ILR.