ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW expires in 4 months.Worried and tensed reg waiting times

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

divarien

PSW expires in 4 months.Worried and tensed reg waiting times

Post by divarien » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi Friends. I am on my post study work visa visa which expires on August 15th 2013 (only 4 1/2 months left). My Company has agreed to apply for a sponsorship license. But I am terribly worried regarding the waiting times for obtaining the sponsorship application. How are the waiting times now ?

Can my employer request the UKBA to take this case as a urgent case ? Will my situation pass for it ? I dont want to apply after my psw expiry. On several grounds, It will be harder to apply back if my leave expires. This is super worrying me. Please help me out of this panic.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PSW expires in 4 months.Worried and tensed reg waiting t

Post by makky86 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:11 pm

divarien wrote:Hi Friends. I am on my post study work visa visa which expires on August 15th 2013 (only 4 1/2 months left). My Company has agreed to apply for a sponsorship license. But I am terribly worried regarding the waiting times for obtaining the sponsorship application. How are the waiting times now ?

Can my employer request the UKBA to take this case as a urgent case ? Will my situation pass for it ? I dont want to apply after my psw expiry. On several grounds, It will be harder to apply back if my leave expires. This is super worrying me. Please help me out of this panic.
I think you have good time to go . If your company doesn't get license by 1st August 2013 then ask them to request urgent treatment and usually they give the license within a week.

Plus you have 28 days window as well before you can apply after your PSW Expiry date.

I wouldn't worry much.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

divarien

Post by divarien » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:42 pm

(sigh of relief ) That sounds very positive. Thank You so very much muhdkhokhar.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:26 pm

Generally takes upto 6 months to get Sponsor License..

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:04 pm

terriblescream wrote:Generally takes upto 6 months to get Sponsor License..
Not necessary. Our company received in 3 months. I have heard some companies received license in couple of weeks.

But if you provide that employee current leave expires in 15 working days then treat as it urgent.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:30 am

terriblescream wrote:Generally takes upto 6 months to get Sponsor License..
Our company get licence with 3 weeks

swgirl

Post by swgirl » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi,

My company applied for the sponsor licence last September and then by the second week of November, they requested for an urgent treatment. We got it within a week after that. It took time to get the login details though.

Once you have 4 weeks left on your visa, your sponsor can request for urgent treatment of the application. If you don't get the licence by the time your visa expires, you can still send your documentation in with a letter from the employer explaining your situation. It's a delay from their side and you cannot be penalised for it. Just submit all that you have and you can send in new info -- just make sure it's before you submit biomterics.

Everything will be fine -- you have a lot of time!

Good luck, hope this helps.