ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Letter for personal absense from UK.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

emuser

Employment Letter for personal absense from UK.

Post by emuser » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:01 pm

Hi,

About my case, I am currently on Tier 1 & my ILR is due next month so i am in the process of collecting the supporting documents.

Over the past 5 years, I have taken only personal leave and the sum total of all my leave is between 170 to 180. Definitely less then 180 days.
Apart from 2 weeks unpaid leave(took a 5 weeks leave due to personal emergency in late 2012 with current employer, out of which 3 weeks were paid & 2 weeks were unpaid), rest all are paid leave.

Also in the last 5 yrs, I worked for 3 employers. So getting a letter from my current employer is possible. But getting a letter from my previous employers is difficult. But all my employment letter states that I am entitled for 28 days paid leave per year. Is that sufficient?

Please clarify & thanks for the Patience.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Employment Letter for personal absense from UK.

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:01 pm

emuser wrote:Hi,

About my case, I am currently on Tier 1 & my ILR is due next month so i am in the process of collecting the supporting documents.

Over the past 5 years, I have taken only personal leave and the sum total of all my leave is between 170 to 180. Definitely less then 180 days.
Apart from 2 weeks unpaid leave(took a 5 weeks leave due to personal emergency in late 2012 with current employer, out of which 3 weeks were paid & 2 weeks were unpaid), rest all are paid leave.

Also in the last 5 yrs, I worked for 3 employers. So getting a letter from my current employer is possible. But getting a letter from my previous employers is difficult. But all my employment letter states that I am entitled for 28 days paid leave per year. Is that sufficient?

Mate First read the thread,posted by twon2is7. See whether replies suitable for your case. The thread is on the 1st page.

syed_ILR

Re: Employment Letter for personal absense from UK.

Post by syed_ILR » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:41 am

emuser wrote:Hi,

I think you can have a personal letter stating all the absences ..plus the employer letter which states that you were employed from this to this date. The salary slips when you were on holiday and the bank statement relevant to those salary slips . I am going to do the same thing my self. My previous employer can only give me a set format of letter as it's a huge firm (Friend's Life). They can't do anything or everything I ask.