ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success (Ltd company + employed) : Liverpool 2nd April

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilruk
Newly Registered

ILR Success (Ltd company + employed) : Liverpool 2nd April

Post by ilruk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:35 pm

First and foremost, wanted to thank all of you for the timely help and helpful posts in this forum. :)

I , along with my son and wife, had an ILR appointment yesterday in Liverpool.

Visa timelines :
I had got tier 1 visa on 28th April 2008 and had entered UK on 1st June ( 32 days after it was granted) . I was out of UK for 132 days in 5 years.

Before appointment:
Had an appointment at 2:00 pm. Was bit late, arrived at the centre at 2:05 pm due to ukba post code issue - I found the parking after looking at http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/ which was '3 mins' away from the centre post code - 'L3 9 AF' but actually it was 20 minutes away as it seems the post code is not detected correctly and is rounded to 'L3'. Also, after parking, the 'google maps' on phone showed wrong directions and a different location altogether due to previously mentioned problem. Had to ask few people and run to reach the centre.
I would suggest to look out for the other post codes and parking guidelines mentioned in Liverpool PEO http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... tem=115110 information

Appointment timelines :
Security check : 2 :05 pm
Form check : 2:11 pm :
Asked about 'no of dependents' and if I know the rules and am ok in proceeding
Fee payment : 2:15 pm
Paid by debit card. FYI : Didn't enter the card details on the form. Only ticked the amount to be paid.
Called by Caseworker : 3:12 pm
The case worker was very cheerful and lively :D . My son was being very cheeky but she was having a good laugh about it. Once he said, I can smell of potty and she laughingly replied it's actually smell of neighbour case worker's soup :roll: . Also, as he was very restless, she gave him pencil set and a paper. I was impressed as I didn't expect that :)
Case Worker (CW) : Are you Employed / Self Employed ?
Me : Employed
CW: Earnings are for one company or more ? Only payslips ?
Me : Two. Payslips + Dividend vouchers
CW: What's your current designation
Me : Director
CW : Are you director of your own company ?
Me : Yes
CW: Ok. Then, I would need to see company documents as well
Me: Ok.
CW: Drop the files and I will look at the documents and you have your biometeric done.
I had two files : One for originals and other for photo copies.
Docs list :
1) SET(O) form with dependant information + 2 photos each for all 3 of us
2) Passport + Biometeric card for all 3 of us
3) Son's birth certificate
4) 'Out of UK days' summary sheet : Total comes to 132
5) Earnings (JAN 2012 - DEC 2012 ) - first 12 months of latest 15 months period
Earnings summary letter
a) Jan - July ( employed ) : Salary Slips , Employer letter, Bank statement
b) July - Dec ( Self employed : Director, Limited Company) - Accountant letter, Accountant practising certificate, Salary slips, dividend vouchers, Personal + Company bank statement
6) Cohabitant proofs: Marriage certificate, Council tax bills, Wife's employer letter, Wife's bank statement, salary slips
7) 'Life in UK' certificates
8 ) Points calculator print out
9) P60 + HMRC employment history for last 5 years
10) PEO Appointment print out

Extra :
1) Maintenance funds : Bank letter for minimum balance + last 6 month saving account statement
2) Company documents : Incorporation & VAT certificates, invoices, Accountant letter for invoice summary & Profit/Loss

I notified and showed the documents I had put in file. She explicitly said that she doesn't need maintenance funds and co-habitant proofs. Probably because we were married before our tier 1 visa.
Biometeric done : 3:28 pm
Decision made : 4:15 pm
Case worker called us and told us that ILR has been granted :) and gave a printout with ILR details ( ref no, name, ILR FAQs,...). Also, said that the biometeric cards would come in 4 - 7 days. It will have expiry date only for 'photo update' purpose. Otherwise the visa is indefinite. Note : We were among the last ones to leave the centre. From my experience, the turnaround time seems to be better than Croydon.

Thanks again :) and all the best to you all :) 8)

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:56 pm

Congratulations mate
:D

ilruk
Newly Registered

Post by ilruk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:08 pm

fomsand1 wrote:Congratulations mate
:D
Thanks buddy :)