ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone with Criminal convictions got Citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dreamycoder
Newly Registered

Anyone with Criminal convictions got Citizenship?

Post by dreamycoder » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:07 am

Hi everybody,

i think everybody now konw the new good char assesment rule: which if a conviction with just a fine and no inprisonment, you can just need to wait 3 year to apply.

My status:

I got my convictions report from the police station in glasgow it said:

1 conviction and 1 traffic offance

conviction: (2 offances) fail to product valid ticket & common assult which is fined 300 pounds 04/04/2010

traffice offance : driving without insurance with 200 fpn + 6 points
01/02/2010

both of them are occour in the beginning of 2010 and

my question is : do i need to wait like 6 years to apply 3+3, or i just need to wait 3 years to apply, cause each of the fine take 3 years to expire.

i am a bit confused! anyhelp please?

also anyone with conviction could you share your point please thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Anyone with Criminal convictions got Citizenship?

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:53 am

dreamycoder wrote:Hi everybody,

i think everybody now konw the new good char assesment rule: which if a conviction with just a fine and no inprisonment, you can just need to wait 3 year to apply.

My status:

conviction: (2 offances) fail to product valid ticket & common assult which is fined 300 pounds 04/04/2010

01/02/2010

my question is : do i need to wait like 6 years to apply 3+3, or i just need to wait 3 years to apply, cause each of the fine take 3 years to expire.

If all the convictions are non custodial then it will be 3 years from the last conviction. However, the application could still be refused as the offence is one of recklessness.

dreamycoder
Newly Registered

Post by dreamycoder » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:32 am

D4109125 wrote:

My status:

01/02/2010

If all the convictions are non custodial then it will be 3 years from the last conviction. However, the application could still be refused as the offence is one of recklessness.
thank you for you reply,

does this mean i can never apply for UK citizenship?

there must be a timeline for such convictoin consider as recklessness, coz as far as the UKBA considerd, a person who have convction in prsion can still apply for it ? why i cannot?

dreamycoder
Newly Registered

Post by dreamycoder » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:38 am

D4109125 wrote:

My status:

01/02/2010

i acturally find something, when you talking about the recklessness offance, it is under the "when minor conviction can be overlook!!!", so recklessness offance can not be overlook as minor offance, but it does not say any reckelssness offance can be naturalised as uk citizenship.

look :

When minor convictions may be disregarded
3.3.1 Where the applicant is of good character in all other respects caseworkers should normally
be prepared to overlook a single minor unspent conviction resulting in:
a. a bind-over order
b. an absolute or conditional discharge
c. admonition
d. a relatively small fine or compensation order.
e. a fixed penalty notice and Scottish fiscal fines - these fines are not classed as
convictions and as such do not come within a sentence based threshold (see
paragraphs 3.5.2 and 3.6.4).
3.3.2 Caseworkers should not normally disregard any conviction that falls into the following
categories irrespective of the severity of the sentence imposed:
a. b. Offences involving violence
c. Offences involving unlawful sexual activity
d. Offences involving drugs
e.
Offences involving dishonesty (for example, theft, fraud)
Offences which would constitute “recklessness” – for example, drink-driving,
excessive speeding, driving without tax/insurance or whilst using a mobile phone.
(NB Caseworkers should remember th

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:19 pm

dreamycoder wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

My status:

01/02/2010

thank you for you reply,

does this mean i can never apply for UK citizenship?

there must be a timeline for such convictoin consider as recklessness, coz as far as the UKBA considerd, a person who have convction in prsion can still apply for it ? why i cannot?
What it means is that for 3 years following your conviction there will be an automatic refusal. After that as the offence was one of recklessness a caseworker can still decide that you are not of good character. Each case will be decided on its own merits. If you have not been in trouble again for anything in the 3 years since your conviction that this should show that you are of good character but there is always the possibility for a case to be refused due to recklessness. The only way to find out is apply after 3 years from the date of the conviction using the NCS.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:25 pm

Don't forget you also have a conviction for common assault.

dreamycoder
Newly Registered

Post by dreamycoder » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:29 pm

PaperPusher wrote:Don't forget you also have a conviction for common assault.
yes, i understand that, the the "offence involving violence" are listed to not to be overlook under the "Small or minter" convciton.

Which means, if I am ok in other other aspect of nautrliasztion, the home office can overlook some mintor offance, but "Offence invloving violence" does not count as mintor and shoud not be over looked.

My question is even after 3 years, can they refuse me on the basis of the fine !

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:43 pm

dreamycoder wrote:
yes, i understand that, the the "offence involving violence" are listed to not to be overlook under the "Small or minter" convciton.

Which means, if I am ok in other other aspect of nautrliasztion, the home office can overlook some mintor offance, but "Offence invloving violence" does not count as mintor and shoud not be over looked.

My question is even after 3 years, can they refuse me on the basis of the fine !
Not automatically, no.

dreamycoder
Newly Registered

thank you

Post by dreamycoder » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:13 am

D4109125 wrote:
dreamycoder wrote:

Not automatically, no.
yee, i mean, they cant refuse me if 3 years is past for non-inprison offance, but they WILL NOT overlook this conviction as it is involce recklessness and volice.

herewego
Newly Registered

Post by herewego » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:59 pm

hi buddy , how did u get a report from the police.. i was wanting to get one aswel cause i have received a couple of fines and wast really sure what date they were??

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:50 pm

herewego wrote:hi buddy , how did u get a report from the police.. i was wanting to get one aswel cause i have received a couple of fines and wast really sure what date they were??
A subject access request at your local police station for information held on the PNC.