ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for naturalisation-

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

burney1970

Applying for naturalisation-

Post by burney1970 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:40 pm

My wife got her ILR on 18 March 2013. She had moved into the country on 24 Jan 2011 and completed her 2 yr probationary spouse visa requirement on 24 Jan 2013.

I would like to know when she can apply for UK naturalization. will it be some time in 2014.

thanks.

SHK

Post by SHK » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Once you recieved ILR then you have to wait 12 month to apply for BC

burney1970

ILR-UK citizenship

Post by burney1970 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:02 pm

Does that mean she will be eligible after 19 March 2014, as she has received her ILR on 18 march 2013

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR-UK citizenship

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:13 pm

burney1970 wrote:Does that mean she will be eligible after 19 March 2014, as she has received her ILR on 18 march 2013
If you are a British citizen then she can apply straight after ILR providing she has legally resided in the UK for 3 years as well as satisfying the other criteria. Based on what you have said it will be January 25 2014.

burney1970

UK naturalisation

Post by burney1970 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Yes. We have been living in UK since 24 Jan 2011.

So, as informed I will apply for her UK naturalization after 24 Jan 2014. However, can you please let me know if there are any other requirements besides the 3 yr residence qualifying period.

thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK naturalisation

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:46 pm

burney1970 wrote:Yes. We have been living in UK since 24 Jan 2011.

So, as informed I will apply for her UK naturalization after 24 Jan 2014. However, can you please let me know if there are any other requirements besides the 3 yr residence qualifying period.

thanks.
See http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ofcitizen/

burney1970

UK naturalization

Post by burney1970 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:51 pm

thanks

Tinglymeatcroydon
Newly Registered

Council Tax- Naturalization application

Post by Tinglymeatcroydon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Doe anybody know whether I must be registered at my local council / borough while my application is being processed?

I have recently moved to my area and I am not yet enrolled onto Council tax, TV licensce and voters register.. I guess I can do it quickly but do I need to? I'm kind of, off and on at the moment at new address so not particularly keen to begin to pay council tax in a place that I am not fully resident. Happy to pay from June when I will be here all the time. If it can expedite 'anything' in terms of my application.. Id rather just go and sign up urgently so that I have absolutely no concerns... I guess it will be a reasonable action considering that the borough is involved with the naturalization process somehow. Would you recommend I get on my council database ASAP by getting on voters list & ohh.. beginning to pay council tax like straight away. It's a new build so we are still setting up etc and not yet fully resident. I have used this address for my application in fact, I got the postcode for my self-addressed next day special delivery envelope wrong and I had to send an urgent letter to UKBA Liverpool just to update the postcode only. Newly developed properties often take a while to validate the postcode allotted- Somehow I had the wrong info per what our postcode will be. Shall I hurry up & pay council tax then? rush?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Council Tax- Naturalization application

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:24 am

Tinglymeatcroydon wrote:Doe anybody know whether I must be registered at my local council / borough while my application is being processed?

I have recently moved to my area and I am not yet enrolled onto Council tax, TV licensce and voters register.. I guess I can do it quickly but do I need to? I'm kind of, off and on at the moment at new address so not particularly keen to begin to pay council tax in a place that I am not fully resident. Happy to pay from June when I will be here all the time. If it can expedite 'anything' in terms of my application.. Id rather just go and sign up urgently so that I have absolutely no concerns... I guess it will be a reasonable action considering that the borough is involved with the naturalization process somehow. Would you recommend I get on my council database ASAP by getting on voters list & ohh.. beginning to pay council tax like straight away. It's a new build so we are still setting up etc and not yet fully resident. I have used this address for my application in fact, I got the postcode for my self-addressed next day special delivery envelope wrong and I had to send an urgent letter to UKBA Liverpool just to update the postcode only. Newly developed properties often take a while to validate the postcode allotted- Somehow I had the wrong info per what our postcode will be. Shall I hurry up & pay council tax then? rush?
No need to rush.