ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 to tier 2 requirments

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SHUGAL
Newly Registered

Tier 4 to tier 2 requirments

Post by SHUGAL » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:45 pm

hi

can someone guide me please guide me what are the requirements to convert from tier 4 to tier 2 visa.

what are the requirements of the company to sponsor .

ukbagod
Newly Registered

Post by ukbagod » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:07 am

Dear Shugal,

I refer to your questions posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:45 pm. As a reminder to all others under similar immigration conditions (changing T4 to T2), certain points as per UKBA rules and advice must be given attention to detail.

1) To be able to apply, you must score a total of 70 points and meet all the other requirements of the Immigration Rules.

2) You must score 50 points for having a Tier 2 (General) certificate of sponsorship, and for being paid an appropriate salary. These are known as your 'attributes'.

Points are available for your attributes as follows:

The Certificate of sponsorship

Appropriate salary and allowances

3) Points for your English language ability

You must score 10 points for English language ability.

4) Points for maintenance (funds)

You must score 10 points for maintenance (funds).

5) You may need to meet an additional requirement if you are in the UK as a Tier 4 student, or in one of the student categories under the Immigration Rules that were in place before March 2009. For more information, see the Students with financial sponsorship page

Please read more on: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/

6) Due to recent abolishment of UKBA's agency status, your application might take a longer, very much linger time that anticipated. Changes will be made after 6th April. Please make yourself aware of this by reading news on the UKBA website.

7) You can make a Tier 2 application at anytime as long as

a) Your current leave is valid until the date of application

b) You have a valid passport

C) You meet the requirements for T2

d) You have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) which has an expiry date which exactly three (3) months after it was first issued to a migrant.

I wish you every success and luck in your application. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to post it publicly here to help many others under similar circumstances.

Many thanks

UKBA God :)