ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bangalore University letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kck9
BANNED

Bangalore University letter

Post by kck9 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:54 pm

Dear friends,

does anyone managed to get the English Lauage letter from Bangalore University. If so what is the procedure. I basically did my bachelors in Bangalore University. Now I am away and I dont even have any connections in Bangalore. Our's is the very last batch in Engineering under BU. After that all the colleges became affiliated to Visweshwarayya Technical University.

So Iam just wondering if there is any chance of getting/ordering the letter. Please kindly let me know the procedure.

Thank you

boyzzeal

English language letter from BU - process

Post by boyzzeal » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:05 am

Hi,

I managed to get one recently and can share you the precise details that may help you getting this done faster.

First, go to the Mysore Bank Head Office at Majestic (ONLY) and ask for a Bangalore University challan. In the challan, fill in the required details and amount of Rs 200. The reason for payment being "English Language Certificate"

Second, go to your college and get a letter from either your principal/administrative officer/or any concerned designatories to the Registrar Evaluation stating that you were a student of that college and request to the registrar to provide a English Lanaguage Certificate. Take this content on the college letter head, sealed and signed appropriately.

Third, the toughest part approaching the right person at Bangalore University - Central College Campus. Do not confuse with the Jnanabharthi campus. Now, armed with the challan, an original letter from the college, and copy of your degree certificate (carry even the original) approach Mr. Anthony Devaraj who is the Ast registrar evalaution of BU.

He is jem of a person and hardly few people of this caliber still exist at BU. Go with the stated documents and approach him. He will provide you the letter with the default content that he already has. It includes more or less all the info that is required for our purpose. It would take some time and so be prepared to wait. Also note the Visitors timing - Weekdays 3pm to 5 pm. Saturday - visitors are not allowed. Sunday- u know, is a holiday.

Note: After getting the letter and his signature, get also a seal done which he may reluctantly do. He is also a social worker and if you can contribute to this endeavor that would be better.

Hope this info is of some help to you.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Deeps

withrajeev
Newly Registered

Post by withrajeev » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:31 am

HI Deeps,

Thanks for the detailed information, this is really useful.
I had a question here, the application form says that we need to get the letter from the institution, so is it not fine if we get it from the institution only, do we also need to get it from the university.

Can you please throw some light on this.

boyzzeal

Post by boyzzeal » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:46 am

Rajeev,

If I am not wrong; looking at the Guidance notes on the evidences required for Bachelors degree, states clearly that the letter to be from the awarding body on the official letter headed paper.

Awarding body in our case would be Bangalore University and not the Institution as no where in our degree certificate our Institute name is reflected.

Adding to this, if you now request a letter from the Institution they would give one but the affiliations would have changed to Vishweshawariah Technical University from the previous Bangalore Univeristy. So, what you will have is a letter from the Institute which is now affiliated to VTU and a degree certificate which is awarded by BU.

Look into the above and then make a decision. But I would suggest you to get a letter from the University which is recognised (evn by NARIC) than by your institution you have studied in.

Hope this is useful.

Best Regards,
Deeps

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:43 pm

Hi Deeps,

Thank you for your excellent information. It is a pretty good step by step outline.

Thnx for the info.

Also jst need to confirm, do we need to get the certificate from NARIC aswell. I did my Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science in Bangalore University. I hope it is going to be accepted directly.

Thnx

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Deeps, One more thing I want to ask.

I dont think my college is still existing there now. I heard they have closed the college/changed the name of my college.

So do you think still I need to get the letter from the college to get the letter from the University.

I dont mind providing the mark sheets and certificate. But I may not manage the letter from the institution that I studied. Do you think it is compulsory or someone actually asked for that letter in the university.

Please let me know

Thank you

boyzzeal

Post by boyzzeal » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:11 pm

Rajeev,

There are 2 parts to your question and would answer it accordingly.

First, looking at the guidance notes a letter from the NARIC is not mandatory but may be strongly advised to have it. Each case worker looks at your application on an individual basis and so providing complete unbiased information would help your cause only. Choice is left to you but do take it other views before a decision is made.

Next, if your institute is closed then you cannot do much. Best thing would be to contact registrar and share your concerns. It depends how well u handle the situation. I may not be able to suggest more than this at this point of time.

Thx. Best of Luck!!!

Regards,
Deeps

nshar1

Re: Bangalore University letter

Post by nshar1 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:07 am

If you have to personally visit Bangalore and go thru all the non-sense of getting this letter from BU...Don't you think its a good idea to appear for IELTS.

We have seen many instances where university letters haven't been accepted by caseworkers.