ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY MEMBER CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

montana
- thin ice -

EEA FAMILY MEMBER CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCE

Post by montana » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:36 am

I would like to find out if under EEA ROUTE if change of circumstance is considered.I Have been in the UK for 5 years.My brother a non EEA national has been made redundant in work in the last year and i have been sponsoring him and technically he is dependant on me for six months.Would he qualify to apply for a family permit as dependant despite only being dependant on me for 6 months and this can be proved or is here a time limit set for such dependans to be under your support!!
CHARLIE MONTANA

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:05 am

Under EEA regulations a non-EEA national derive its rights from the activities of its EEA national sponsor which means only EEA national's activities are relevant.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

montana
- thin ice -

Post by montana » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:55 am

sheraz7 wrote:Under EEA regulations a non-EEA national derive its rights from the activities of its EEA national sponsor which means only EEA national's activities are relevant.
Then,would i be right to assume he can qualify as being part of my family member just by sponsoring him for 6 months.
Would the question of coming from the same household come into play once they notice that i have been in UK for years and i have only started sponsoring him in the last 6 months??
CHARLIE MONTANA