ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tunab2

Post by tunab2 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Babatha wrote:Ok. So on the 26th of March a rep from the MPs office called me and told me that the UKBA informed them that they had requested my biometrics on the 14th of March!!!!

I contacted my solicitor and they said 'Oh yes, we have a letter but we only received it this morning (26th)' So where the heck happened to my letter for TWELVE days?!

Argh anyways, I used a scanned copy my solicitor emailed me to submit my biometrics on the 28th of March.

So apart from the frustration of NO ONE telling me my biometric information had been requested...I'm happy that it finally got done!

My new timeline is as follows -
My Timeline:
Date of Application: 17/09/2012
Acknowledgement Received dated 19/09/2012
Biometric requested: 14/03/2013
Biometrics submitted: 28/03/2013
*WAITING*

Is there an approximate time it should take after my biometrics are received? I don't want to get my hopes up, but I secretly am... :)
Hello friend,
I submitted my Bio on the 14th of feb (same day the UKBA requested yours) and i am still waiting for a decision. I phone at least once every week the UKBA but same answer (Pending Application).

My advice to you is to carry on with life as normal and not to think too much about it.
Date Applied: 7/712
Date Received at HO: 9/7/12
Date of Ack. Letter from HO: 19/7/12
Contacted local MP: 22/1/13
BioMetric Letter: 7/2/13
Biometrics Done: 14th Feb 2013.
Return of Docs: UKBA sent 8th Apr
Decision: GRANTED 30 MONTHS

Babatha
Newly Registered

Post by Babatha » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:06 pm

My biometrics were requested on the 14th of March, but thanks, being patient is important.

Just hope it's not longer than a few months. It's my birthday in October, i'd like to have an answer by then...It'll be the third birthday i've celebrated since finding out about all this and I would really like to be back at work and earning money again. Feel so guilty about my boyfriend supporting me financially!

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:54 pm

Hi,yes luv ...I'm a Nigerian.pls do u have any updates yet.

rec212

Post by rec212 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:25 am

Hi guys, I applied for FLR(O) based private life in the uk and arguing that my wife cannot live in a hot country.

Situation:
Married to a British citizen, have been married for 8 months now.
Married and lived together in my home country for 2 months.
my wife had to go back because of unstable type 1 insulin diabetes, asthma and kidney infection.
lived in England for 5 months
Date of Application: 17th March
Ack dated: 19th March
Ack received: 25th March
Bio letter: waiting

What do u guys think of my situation?
Anyone in the same situation? I'd love to talk to all of you!

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:29 am

[quote="rec212"]Hi guys, I applied for FLR(O) based private life in the uk and arguing that my wife cannot live in a hot country.

Situation:
Married to a British citizen, have been married for 8 months now.
Married and lived together in my home country for 2 months.
my wife had to go back because of unstable type 1 insulin diabetes, asthma and kidney infection.
lived in England for 5 months
Date of Application: 17th March
Ack dated: 19th March
Ack received: 25th March
Bio letter: waiting

What do u guys think of my situation?

Anyone in the same situation? I'd love to talk to all of you![/quote]

No body knows the outcome of your application and it's would be a lie to say so !

rec212

Post by rec212 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:22 pm

justice12 wrote: No body knows the outcome of your application and it's would be a lie to say so !
Thank you justice. Actually I had already written a related post in another page in the same website but a guy from Brazil said there are no compassionate circumstances in my case which was a lie.

Your post was a relief to me this morning. Thank you and I will keep you updated!

May God keep you all safe!
Ameen. :)

ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:08 pm

rec212 wrote:
justice12 wrote: No body knows the outcome of your application and it's would be a lie to say so !
Thank you justice. Actually I had already written a related post in another page in the same website but a guy from Brazil said there are no compassionate circumstances in my case which was a lie.

Your post was a relief to me this morning. Thank you and I will keep you updated!

May God keep you all safe!
Ameen. :)
I love Justice faith. Justice is always positive. Only negative someone will receive negative decision. If anyone comment negatively to anyone's question here, such person will receive a negative decision. Life is vice-versa.. Let's all be positive and expect a positive decision. Simple. Justice, kudos to you.
Ale001

rec212

Post by rec212 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:17 pm

ale001 wrote:I love Justice faith. Justice is always positive. Only negative someone will receive negative decision. If anyone comment negatively to anyone's question here, such person will receive a negative decision. Life is vice-versa.. Let's all be positive and expect a positive decision. Simple. Justice, kudos to you.
Ale, your post drew a smile on my face. Thank you!
I am really positive and I hope we all get a positive reply one day.
I have only waited for 1 month now and still waiting for the biometrics.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Advice don't always listen to who make's you laugh , immigration rules are changed and it is fact , the rules are really tough on immigrant I don't see much people gettin grant on the DLR like it's used to be ,
they are splitting family's apart just to reduce immigration net and it is fact , whether you like it or not .
If i did listen to people who where advising me to go and apply back home I would't be in this shit now .

rec212

Post by rec212 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:31 pm

justice12 wrote:Advice don't always listen to who make's you laugh , immigration rules are changed and it is fact , the rules are really tough on immigrant I don't see much people gettin grant on the DLR like it's used to be ,
they are splitting family's apart just to reduce immigration net and it is fact , whether you like it or not .
If i did listen to people who where advising me to go and apply back home I would't be in this shit now .
Financial requirements have changed too. It is required for the sponsor to earn a minimum of £1,500.00 a month or have savings of at least £16,800.00. That is the reason why I did not apply for a spouse visa :)
Believe me, if you applied for a spouse visa then you would be refused to enter.

They are only splitting families apart if your wife can easily live in the other country. To correct you, it is the secretary of state which exerts its discretion not the consulate so it is beyond the immigration rules. I also read somewhere in this forum that the government is trying to get rid of those backlogs and therefore many people will be granted DLR.

Question for you: What are your arguments upon which you built your DLR application?

It is mandatory for them to decide on your case 6 months after the date of your application so why didn't you contact your local MP?
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:39 pm

[quote="rec212"][quote="justice12"]Advice don't always listen to who make's you laugh , immigration rules are changed and it is fact , the rules are really tough on immigrant I don't see much people gettin grant on the DLR like it's used to be ,
If i did listen to people who where advising me to go and apply back home I would't be in this shit now .[/quote]

Financial requirements have changed too. It is required for the sponsor to earn a minimum of £1,500.00 a month or have savings of at least £16,800.00. That is the reason why I did not apply for a spouse visa :)
Believe me, if you applied for a spouse visa then you would be refused to enter.

They are only splitting families apart if your wife can easily live in the other country. To correct you, it is the secretary of state which exerts its discretion not the consulate so it is beyond the immigration rules. I also read somewhere in this forum that the government is trying to get rid of those backlogs and therefore many people will be granted DLR.

Question for you: What are your arguments upon which you built your DLR application?

It is mandatory for them to decide on your case 6 months after the date of your application so why didn't you contact your local MP?[/quote]

You sound like you know to much and you don't need any advice !!!
- first of all discretionary leave has been scraped out in 9 July 2012 so no more (DLR)and now you have to apply within the rules there is no out with the rules anymore and you can not switch visa in the uk unless you go back home and apply for spouse visa ,unless you have compassionate circumstances to do so and the compassionate circumstances are set by the UKBA in the Appendix FM ex.1 to be a child best interest to prevent the HO from removing you from the uk .
- and if I went home back in 2011 I would have been granted 100% coz the new rules would not affect my application
- and it is not the secretary of state who decide the new 10 years family rout
read this
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

taribo

Post by taribo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi guyz.
i received a letter today from the temporary migration workflow team
in response to a complaint that a made early february.
in that letter they said they are currently dealing with applications where
the biometrics were capture at the end of april 2012..
now my question is,does that mean those like me who had their biometrics
in middle/end of february 2013 are in for a year long wait at least?
dear oh dear.

well they said the backlog should be cleared by the end of april 2013
and everything back to normal..
on this evidence it is not the case.
what a bunch of misleading pricks the ukba are.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:49 pm

justice12 wrote:
rec212 wrote:
justice12 wrote:Advice don't always listen to who make's you laugh , immigration rules are changed and it is fact , the rules are really tough on immigrant I don't see much people gettin grant on the DLR like it's used to be ,

It is mandatory for them to decide on your case 6 months after the date of your application so why didn't you contact your local MP?
- first of all discretionary leave has been scraped out in 9 July 2012 so no more (DLR)and now you have to apply within the rules there is no out with the rules anymore and you can not switch visa in the uk unless you go back home and apply for spouse visa ,unless you have compassionate circumstances to do so and the compassionate circumstances are set by the UKBA in the Appendix FM ex.1 to be a child best interest to prevent the HO from removing you from the uk .
- and if I went home back in 2011 I would have been granted 100% coz the new rules would not affect my application
read this
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary
Justice, so what about me that i applied before 7th July 2012? I have applied for my DLR before 7th of July 2012, and i did Biometric on 19th July 2012. In fact, i've applied before April 2012. Will the new rules apply to my application?
Ale001

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:14 pm

[quote="taribo"]Hi guyz.
dear oh dear.

what a bunch of misleading pricks the ukba are.[/quote]

That's what they have been saying since november 2012 that's they are dealing with the applications where the BIO was captured at the end of april 2012 but here we are after 6 month and they still in april !
Actually that's what they says to me too last month and they says they will decide my application ASAP but nothing , just lies -lies -lies .

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:24 pm

[quote="ale001"][quote="justice12"][quote="rec212"][quote="justice12"]Advice don't always listen to who make's you laugh , immigration rules are changed and it is fact , the rules are really tough on immigrant I don't see much people gettin grant on the DLR like it's used to be ,
If i did listen to people who where advising me to go and apply back home I would't be in this shit now .[/quote]

It is mandatory for them to decide on your case 6 months after the date of your application so why didn't you contact your local MP?[/quote]

read this
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary[/quote]

Justice, so what about me that i applied before 7th July 2012? I have applied for my DLR before 7th of July 2012, and i did Biometric on 19th July 2012. In fact, i've applied before April 2012. Will the new rules apply to my application?[/quote]

UKBA is not about your case and my case are different is all about luck , it is not an organised agency so you my get granted and I'm not
it is to who your application be dealt with if is nice guy you get granted if it is some dearly beloved who does not like foreigners he will refuse it that's all brother . and I wish you will be lucky and get granted

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:51 pm

taribo wrote:Hi guyz.
dear oh dear.

They are clearly lying. They been saying this for a very long time..

rec212

Post by rec212 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:07 pm

sanny26 wrote:Hi guyz.
dear oh dear.

The government is trying to make sure the UKBA's system is improving. Right now they are trying to get rid of the backlogs. As a result, many people might be granted visas.

Only complicated cases are the ones that take too long. If your criminal record is clean and your spouse is British then just be calm and positive. May I ask on what ground you applied for DLR and what your situation is right now?

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:34 pm

[quote="rec212"][quote="sanny26"]Hi guyz.
dear oh dear.

what a bunch of misleading pricks the ukba are.[/quote]

The government is trying to make sure the UKBA's system is improving. Right now they are trying to get rid of the backlogs. As a result, many people might be granted visas.

Only complicated cases are the ones that take too long. If your criminal record is clean and your spouse is British then just be calm and positive. May I ask on what ground you applied for DLR and what your situation is right now?[/quote]

If you try to break the law by switching visa category in the country and you don't have child best interest to back you up as a reason why, it is than a complicated case , specially if you just been married for 8 month with your BC ! first you will be refused under Genuine and subsisting relationships to start with and then there is no kids in the relation that's make it more than complicated , they will just ask you to leave and apply back home , simple as that .

rec212

Post by rec212 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:51 pm

justice12 wrote:If you try to break the law by switching visa category in the country and you don't have child best interest to back you up as a reason why, it is than a complicated case , specially if you just been married for 8 month with your BC ! first you will be refused under Genuine and subsisting relationships to start with and then there is no kids in the relation that's make it more than complicated , they will just ask you to leave and apply back home , simple as that .
I think the UKBA must deport people who would place the English language in serious perils. Those people, for instance, do not distinguish between "specially" and "especially". Also, those people are to all intents and purposes incapable of producing sentences that are grammatically correct. As a consequent, that would harm the public interest. In spite of all the reasons stated above, I am not saying you will be deported but I am being positive instead. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Regards.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:16 pm

[quote="rec212"][quote="justice12"]If you try to break the law by switching visa category in the country and you don't have child best interest to back you up as a reason why, it is than a complicated case , [b]specially[/b] if [b]you just been married[/b] for 8 month with your BC ! first you will be refused under Genuine and subsisting relationships to start with and then [b]there is no kids[/b] in the relation [b]that's make it[/b] more than complicated , they will just ask you to leave and apply back home , simple as that .[/quote]

I think the UKBA must deport people who would place the English language in serious perils. Those people, for instance, do not distinguish between "specially" and "especially". Also, those people are to all intents and purposes incapable of producing sentences that are grammatically correct. As a consequent, that would harm the public interest. In spite of all the reasons stated above, I am not saying you will be deported but I am being positive instead. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Regards.[/quote]

Don't come across the board asking for people advice if you don't take criticism about reality in the UKBA ( Ya hmar ) you think the ukba will grant you leave coz your maroccan English certificate you come with .
Last edited by justice12 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:21 pm

[quote=

rec212

Post by rec212 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:34 pm

I mean it's not only your agonizingly incorrect language but you can't even quote properly like everybody else. :(
I am not saying I will be granted a visa because I do not know the outcomes. In addition, I am not putting you down but I am wishing you luck in spite of your belligerent attitude and insults :)

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:24 pm

[quote="rec212"]I mean it's not only your agonizingly incorrect language but you can't even quote properly like everybody else. :(
I am not saying I will be granted a visa because I do not know the outcomes. In addition, I am not putting you down but I am wishing you luck in spite of your belligerent attitude and insults :)[/quote]

You clearly have no space back home but unfortunately in your little mind too !!

rec212

Post by rec212 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:26 am

justice12 wrote:You clearly have no space back home but unfortunately in your little mind too !!
Thank you. :)

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:57 am

rec212 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:Hi guyz.
dear oh dear.

Only complicated cases are the ones that take too long. If your criminal record is clean and your spouse is British then just be calm and positive. May I ask on what ground you applied for DLR and what your situation is right now?

Today makes 6 months since i apply for my DLR extension so im just hoping for good news. Im applying under human rights grounds been here for nearly 12 years now and my kids are british citizen.