ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Solihull PEO to ask for upfront payment for iLR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:42 pm

Alan: When she said Uniformly what i understood is that she meant all PEOs will be following the same work culture ..which is directing us to beleive that even Sol PEO will take the payment before proceeding to the CW...I wish it wont happen...lets wait till next week..

When u say fee rise...if u notice fee rise is only for the Dependents..actually for the main applicant its almost the same (earlier 1377 now 1051+375=1426) whereas for dependents it has gone from 496 to 788+375.. :(
Last edited by Mano82 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:43 pm

Mano82 wrote:Kevin dear..:) Yes ..I am yet to come out of the feeling.. Will surely post it in the weekend..Quite held up at the moment ..
Thank You for your compliments Mate :D You made My day. Addressing me like your Other half. :D

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:44 pm

[quote="Mano82"]Kevin dear..:) Yes ..I am yet to come out of the feeling.. Will surely post it in the weekend..Quite held up at the moment ..[/quote]
Congrats Mano!!! Looking forward to your success story.

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:45 pm

Lol...glad my other half is in the Spam ..n not reading this.. i meant it.. U r very kind to respond to most queries even if you have told the same many times before..I am inspired I will also try my best to address the queries as even i sailed the same boat.. :)

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:48 pm

Mano82 wrote:Lol...glad my other half is in the Spam ..n not reading this.. i meant it.. U r very kind to respond to most queries even if you have told the same many times before..I am inspired I will also try my best to address the queries as even i sailed the same boat.. :)
That was so nice of you. :D :D :D

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Mano82 wrote:Alan: When she said Uniformly what i understood is that she meant all PEOs will be following the same work culture ..which is directing us to beleive that even Sol PEO will take the payment before proceeding to the CW...I wish it wont happen...lets wait till next week..

When u say fee rise...if u notice fee rise is only for the Dependents..actually for the main applicant its almost the same (earlier 1377 now 1051+375=1426) whereas for dependents it has gone from 496 to 788+375.. :(
Thanks for your reply, Mano82. Did not realize that you had a complicated case when I made my last post. Congratulations on your success. You must be relieved now.

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:08 pm

Alan..Very true.. :) All the best for u too..

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Regarding your break, i had PM you if you remember ," If your manager writes a letter that you were needed to travel to india you are all set."

Happy it is all set with successful "SET(O)" indeed.

Mano82

Post by Mano82 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:38 pm

I had got a employer letter but they dint agree to mention abt the break was for official reasons/annual leave..but luckily CW didnot ask abt it.. :)

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:46 pm

All's Well That Ends Well

STP
Newly Registered

Congrats

Post by STP » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Congrats Mano82! I am happy for you:)

Eagerly waiting to see your appointment experience.

samrobert
Newly Registered

Post by samrobert » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:27 am

Thanks for sharing your exp and congrats for getting ILR..
Can you please share the link of UKBA which tells about booking different appointments on the same day.
Can we book the different appointments for our family members (spouse or/and child) and can club later at PEO office with main applicant or this clubbing only applicable for just one main applicant.

Many thanks for your response on this..

Mano82 wrote:I had attended Solihull PEO and I was told by the CW that from 6th Apr onwards all PEO will be working uniformly..

Regarding diff appoinments on the same day.. I had taken 2 diff appointments.. teh security said they will inform teh CW abt this as its on the same day and it shud be fine..

When I went to the CW she said she cant club it as its 2 diff appointments and when i told her abt the response I saw online from UKBA .she checked with her senior and agreed to process together.. I will post my experience shortly as there were some good surprises which I shud ve taken care! :)

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:17 am

samrobert wrote: Thanks for sharing your exp and congrats for getting ILR..
Can you please share the link of UKBA which tells about booking different appointments on the same day.
Can we book the different appointments for our family members (spouse or/and child) and can club later at PEO office with main applicant or this clubbing only applicable for just one main applicant.

Many thanks for your response on this..
This link says one can book different same day slots for the main applicant and dependents
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 3.pdf.html

The following link says one should not
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 3.pdf.html

I ever made enquiry about this a week ago and was told that they changed their practice due to improvement in the booking system.
I also think they do not allow this is to prevent people from holding multiple appointments, so that they have legitimate reasons to cancel those multiple appointments held by the same people.

If you really can not find an appointment, you can still have a go with separate appointments. It will be up to the caseworkers to make decision.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:21 pm

A friend of mine is at his appointment there at Solihull today. Still stuck there and he confirmed that he was charged before they even looked at his file.
So there you go, no more paying fee for approval at Solihull.
Goodluck.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:40 pm

[iD] wrote:A friend of mine is at his appointment there at Solihull today. Still stuck there and he confirmed that he was charged before they even looked at his file.
Thanks for this, Is he a member here. Could you ask him to post an experience once he is done please.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:32 pm

ilrapplicant2013 wrote:
[iD] wrote:A friend of mine is at his appointment there at Solihull today. Still stuck there and he confirmed that he was charged before they even looked at his file.
Thanks for this, Is he a member here. Could you ask him to post an experience once he is done please.
He is not a member here.
He applied as Sole trader and was asked about why his business gone down and some other general queries.
He lived with his wife for last 5 years but wasn't registered as married, she was on Post study work visa and year and a half ago switched to spouse visa.
Case worker had some issues with it since his wife hadn't completed 2 years on spouse visa but at the end they looked around and spent 2 hours finding out if his wife is eligible. At the end they gave both ILR.
Overall experience was pleasant and needless to say he is over the moon to have getting out of visa net
Goodluck.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:17 pm

Brilliant, convey my congratulations to the and thanks!
[iD] wrote:
ilrapplicant2013 wrote:
He is not a member here.
He applied as Sole trader and was asked about why his business gone down and some other general queries.
He lived with his wife for last 5 years but wasn't registered as married, she was on Post study work visa and year and a half ago switched to spouse visa.
Case worker had some issues with it since his wife hadn't completed 2 years on spouse visa but at the end they looked around and spent 2 hours finding out if his wife is eligible. At the end they gave both ILR.
Overall experience was pleasant and needless to say he is over the moon to have getting out of visa net

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:48 am

[iD] wrote:
ilrapplicant2013 wrote:
He is not a member here.
so what would you say now?????
coz of u i booked in croydon...as u said solihill are taking payment upfront

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=131972

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:13 am

syed_ILR wrote:
[iD] wrote:

I'd still say the same thing, my friend was charged beforehand on 8th. If they follow the book they have to charge you beforehand, for some reason if they didn't do that in the past then it doesn't mean that rules have been changed.
They're within their rights to charge beforehand.
Goodluck.

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:27 am

[iD] wrote:
syed_ILR wrote:
[iD] wrote:

I'd still say the same thing, my friend was charged beforehand on 8th. If they follow the book they have to charge you beforehand, for some reason if they didn't do that in the past then it doesn't mean that rules have been changed.
They're within their rights to charge beforehand.
It looks like they take payment without even asking. My guess is they will take payment no matter what is the result. Am l right?