ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Granted at Croydon PEO.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elv15

ILR Granted at Croydon PEO.

Post by elv15 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:23 pm

Just would like to thank members of this forum for posting their experiences, this helped me prepare my application without using a representative. However I wished Set (M) had its own column as it was at times hard searching through because majority of posts here seem to be set (O).

Anyway my appointment was yesterday at 11:40. We left home at 9:30 and arrived at 11:00. Parked in the Ncp car park opposite the Home Office and arrived at the peo at 11:10.
We through the Airport style security search, then joined a que for about 20 minutes, called to counter where the lady asked for Biometric card and Set (M) form, checked the form and put a valid stamp on it and generated a ticket and number. Asked us to go make a payment upstairs.

Qued for 2 minutes and paid £1377 by bankers draft, lady at counter said I wish everybody would pay this way as its quick and simple. I think it takes a bit longer when paying by card. Asked to sit it the waiting area and our number would be called.
12.10 we got called to a counter where the lady asked for me and the wife's passport, Biometric card and application form, she asked us to take a sit while she entered all the information on the system. After 10 minutes she gave us everything back and asked us to wait for biometrics.
Called for biometrics at 12:50, done it 10 minutes, asked to sit in the waiting area, once the biometrics are back CW would call us once our results where back, I asked him how long it might take for the biometric results to come and he said between 1 to 2 hours.
Eventually CW called as at 14:15, she was a very friendly lady. My son kept saying halloo to her and blowing kisses to her and she was very friendly with him, he is just 21 months but very clever.
She asked for passports, form and photos, when she realized that I had a nicely organized folder with all my documents arranged, she asked if she could just take the folder instead. I gave it to her and informed her that there where copies of everything, she was very grateful for that and said it makes her life easier.
She started taking all the photocopies and said perfect. Although I had lots of cohab docs she asked if I had his detailed birth certificate and tendency agreement, I handed them over. She said everything seems in order, I will call you in about 30 minutes. After 15 minutes she called me and asked if I had my previous passport which I handed over, she then said I'm almost done, will call you soon.
At 14:50 she called us and said take a seat, all your documents are in your folder, I have granted you ILR, your Biometric card will be coming via courier in the next few days. Gave me the paperwork etc. We was over the moon and thanked her for everything, in the end she said yours was a very easy decision, you had everything in order. My son kept saying to her bye, see you tmrw.
I paid £8 for the car park but I didn't care, it all took almost 4 hours for everything but we didn't care, better than waiting for months.
It's worth taking every documents you have just incase, CW asked for tenancy agreement and child birth certificate which is not mentioned on the form but having them handy always helps. Now I will be applying for ILR soon because I've been here more than 3 years.

Special thanks to CR001 and all the other members of this wonderful forum who spare their time to help others.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Great experience Elv15, so glad everything went well for you. I agree about taking extra documents as you simply never know what they will ask for. Am happy that I could help you and please shout if you need anything when you are preparing your naturalisation application.
Best wishes
Char
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:10 pm

Many thanks for sharing your experience comprehensively.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

elv15

Post by elv15 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks. Any ideas of how long it may take for the Brp card to arrive?
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:47 pm

The BRP will take a couple of days. Some people receive them in 2/3 days, others receive them in 10 days. It depends on the courier and if there is someone to sign for them as well.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

elv15

Post by elv15 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:52 am

Brp arrived yesterday, thanks for the help, will be in touch soon about naturalisation. Gota save first and also enjoy the crap summer for now.
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:17 am

elv15 wrote:Brp arrived yesterday, thanks for the help, will be in touch soon about naturalisation. Gota save first and also enjoy the crap summer for now.
Congratulations elv15. Thank you for posting your Experience.All the Best. Already I have given your list of documents to a friend,who is going to Liverpool PEO in 2 weeks time. Trust she gets her ILR as well.