ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding my SET(O) application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

phss
Newly Registered

Questions regarding my SET(O) application

Post by phss » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 pm

I came to the UK by the end of 2007 on a Work Permit, and switched to a Tier 2 General visa around May 2012. Now I am preparing to apply for ILR, through the SET(O) form, in a month or so (if I can ever get an appointment). However, I have a couple of questions regarding documentation and proof I have to present:

1- Absences away from the UK

I believe I am within the new rule published last year. I have a total of 223 days of absence in the last 5 years (none over 180 days in a 12 month period), and of those 223 only 177 where for holiday. Are both absences ok for ILR?. Also, I had a 40 day absence in my home country, but I was working from home and not on holiday. I think my company can provide a confirmation. Is that longish absence to my home country, for work reasons, ok, you think?

2- Dependants proof of cohabitation

My wife will apply with me as a ILR dependant. However, I was wondering if we have enough proof of cohabitation. We can provide:
  • Bank statements of a joint account, with both my name and her name on it.
    NHS card.
    Some other general correspondence on her name and my name (advertisments, etc)
We don't have council tax or utility bills on her name. Is the above proof enough?

Do anyone know an answer for my questions? Thanks!

phss
Newly Registered

Post by phss » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:43 am

Does anyone have advice/experience regarding my questions?

phss
Newly Registered

Post by phss » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Finally I just managed to get an appointment for the middle of April! Would really appreciate any advice!

Also, I just realised I have a few documents (passports, BRP) with different signatures. I've changed my signature a few years ago, and it doesn't match with older passports. You think this could be a problem? Thanks!

phss
Newly Registered

Post by phss » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:34 am

Apologies for being a pain, but I would really appreciate if someone could offer advice on the above. Specially regarding to my absences and what I have as a proof of cohabitation.

Thanks.

alanwong

Re: Questions regarding my SET(O) application

Post by alanwong » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:02 am

phss wrote:I came to the UK by the end of 2007 on a Work Permit, and switched to a Tier 2 General visa around May 2012. Now I am preparing to apply for ILR, through the SET(O) form, in a month or so (if I can ever get an appointment). However, I have a couple of questions regarding documentation and proof I have to present:

1- Absences away from the UK

I believe I am within the new rule published last year. I have a total of 223 days of absence in the last 5 years (none over 180 days in a 12 month period), and of those 223 only 177 where for holiday. Are both absences ok for ILR?. Also, I had a 40 day absence in my home country, but I was working from home and not on holiday. I think my company can provide a confirmation. Is that longish absence to my home country, for work reasons, ok, you think?

2- Dependants proof of cohabitation

My wife will apply with me as a ILR dependant. However, I was wondering if we have enough proof of cohabitation. We can provide:
  • Bank statements of a joint account, with both my name and her name on it.
    NHS card.
    Some other general correspondence on her name and my name (advertisments, etc)
We don't have council tax or utility bills on her name. Is the above proof enough?

Do anyone know an answer for my questions? Thanks!

For your absences, you'd better get an letter from your employer to explain your situation.
Mano82 got his ILR with absences more than 180 days, you can have a look at his situation.

For co-hab docs, you'd better collect as many letters as possible, in our or your wife's name or both, in case you need them.

Then I think you will have a high chance of getting it.

phss
Newly Registered

Post by phss » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks, alanwong!

My employer will provide a letter for all my absences (as is required now). I am not in breach of the current absences rules (more than 180 days in a year period), but I just wanted to verify that my absence to work from my home country, for 40 days, is ok.

I just realised that both me an my wife have a police registration document that state our address. We are required to have it, and inform every time we move. I think that could be a good proof as well, right?

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:21 am

phss wrote:Thanks, alanwong!

My employer will provide a letter for all my absences (as is required now). I am not in breach of the current absences rules (more than 180 days in a year period), but I just wanted to verify that my absence to work from my home country, for 40 days, is ok.

I just realised that both me an my wife have a police registration document that state our address. We are required to have it, and inform every time we move. I think that could be a good proof as well, right?
My feeling is that you will be fine with your working at home country for 40 days. But it is up to the caseworkers to make decision.

Police registration certificate is a piece of good proof. You'd better take council tax bill, even if it has your or your wife's name on it only. Prepare as many docs as possible, in case caseworkers ask and you do not have.