ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help reqd - Letter & Docs lost, trackking, re-print..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

debz

Help reqd - Letter & Docs lost, trackking, re-print..

Post by debz » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Everybody,

I have filed my husband's case (he is in India) on 11th Jan, from UK. His decision letter and documents has been dispatched by HSMP team on 12 Feb, to India (Bangalore)[ as they said that those can't be posted to me in UK. It has to be the candidate's address only.]. We came to know that the result is positive. But we have not received it yet.

Called up the Royalmail (Airmail) customer care and they said that trackking is not possible for Airmail. Had been to Bangalore GPO and came to know that no parcel has come for custom's clearance for him, in Bangalore. We are not in a position to locate the same, by any means.

So, I just want some information if anybody received their documents after so long? Do I assume that those are lost and prepare for collecting the duplicate certificates, etc?

Also, we came to know that process of re-print is tedious. Has any of you received re-print? How long does the process take and what is the procedure to apply for it?

Please help with some answers. We are really upset and need guidances.
Regards,
Debjani.

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:53 pm

it generally takes 3 weeks to come to Bangalore. But the worst thing is it is NOT a signed/registered delivery. The postman just hands off to watchman and that's it. So u may wait for a while.

nshar1

Re: Help reqd - Letter & Docs lost, trackking, re-print.

Post by nshar1 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:16 pm

My documents have been sent on 01-Feb. Haven't received them yet.
I was checking with my post office at Gurgaon and they told me that in Feb, Normal airmails are facing delays.
The official at the post office was convinced that documents will eventually reach me no matter that they have already taken 45 days till now.

Regards.
N Sharma

debz

Post by debz » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:37 pm

Are there any other ppl whose documents were dispatched in February bu HO and still have not reached them ? I am asking because otherwise we have to take steps to get the duplicates issued ( lodge FIR, give newspaper advertisements etc) . Or is too early to start doing the same ? Is a little bit wait more advisable ?

Has there been anybody from Bangalore / India whose documents were lost by normal airmail ?

Has anybody received them after more than one month of dispatch date ?

Please help as we are severely distressed, after all the expenses and the hassles for HSMP we are still coming to a nought inspite of the approval. HO is not helping either as they say 3 months have to elapse before a reprint .
Regards,
Debjani.

debz

Post by debz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:51 pm

Any updates? :cry:
Regards,
Debjani.

bob30
Newly Registered

Post by bob30 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:09 am

my documents were dispatched on 17th march and it hasnt reached me yet here in switzerland. takes only 2-3 days for letters to reach within europe normally and I trusted the postal departments. I am not worried about my HSMP outcome, but I am really concerned about my certificates now.

harinag
Newly Registered

Post by harinag » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:44 pm

have u got ur doccuments back....even am facing the same problem, am also a bangalorean...my doccuments were despatched on 20th feb..but have not received it yet

debz

Post by debz » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:37 pm

No Harinag.. Have not got the docs back, yet.. Have you called the HO? How were your docs send?
Regards,
Debjani.

harinag
Newly Registered

Post by harinag » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:32 pm

Hi All,

Good news from me, Morning I had complained about not receiving document, Afternoon I got my mail. All documents are intact and also HSMP approval.

Thanks to the forum, which is good platform to share our concerns.

I wish everyone a success and get their documents back.

Like to share some information as what happened to me.

>> My documents were dispatched via AIRMAIL on Feb 20th 2007

>> I did write couple of times to HSMP regarding delay in receiving my mail, They did assure me saying in some cases as much as 16weeks delay.

>> I did visit my local postoffice and enquired, also spoke to the local postman and explained her the importance of this mail and requested for help. She obliged and gave me our STATE foreign letters/parcel post office address

>> I did visit this post office, for Karnataka state, In Bangalore, it is backside of SBI main branch, Museum Road POST OFFICE. They are very nice people, they have a register maintaining all the AIRMAIL details they receive.

>> After all these and writing to the forum, it was nice happy ending.

Any help people would like from my side regarding the same, do write in this forum I shall viewing this for next couple of weeks.

I wish every one good luck