ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Account

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sahib

Bank Account

Post by Sahib » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:22 pm

All,
I am thinking to move bank from Barclays as they do not provide duplicates of originals if you require. I did request them in past and they sent me entries on a plain black & white paper with no home address etc.

Can anyone suggest which bank i shall open account with? I am thinking to move with RBS as i heard they are very helpful if you require duplicates etc.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Almost all banks follow same rules and standards. However it also depends on each individual branch too as how helpful they are? Most often a branch can offer 1 month statment easily.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

cskadari
Newly Registered

Re: Bank Account

Post by cskadari » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:38 am

Sahib wrote:All,
I am thinking to move bank from Barclays as they do not provide duplicates of originals if you require. I did request them in past and they sent me entries on a plain black & white paper with no home address etc.

Can anyone suggest which bank i shall open account with? I am thinking to move with RBS as i heard they are very helpful if you require duplicates etc.
You can ask for a duplicate statements for a required period from the Barclays bank. Recently Barclays bank have changed the way they generate the duplicate of originals. But they will charge 5pounds for this as an admin charges. This is a printed on a white paper, which exactly looks like your original statement (contains the name, address, account number etc.), as this is a copy (pdf) of your original statement. You can get it stamped in your branch. Recently I have got this kind of statement of my missing months and got a branch stamp on it.

The 5 pound change is for one request of any period (1 month or 12 months period).

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:37 am

cskadari wrote:

You can ask for a duplicate statements for a required period from the Barclays bank. Recently Barclays bank have changed the way they generate the duplicate of originals. But they will charge 5pounds for this as an admin charges. This is a printed on a white paper, which exactly looks like your original statement (contains the name, address, account number etc.), as this is a copy (pdf) of your original statement. You can get it stamped in your branch. Recently I have got this kind of statement of my missing months and got a branch stamp on it.

The 5 pound change is for one request of any period (1 month or 12 months period).
^Lloyds do the same. Charge 5 times for any number of statements ordered at once. They're like the original with name and address
Goodluck.

shweta.duggal

Post by shweta.duggal » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:45 pm

i have got such duplicates from natwest. never pay a single penny and can easily get the statements

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:53 pm

[iD] wrote:
cskadari wrote:

^Lloyds do the same. Charge 5 times for any number of statements ordered at once. They're like the original with name and address
LLoyds will give 1/2 statements immediately. If you want more statements they will post in 10 days.

nomadma
Newly Registered

Post by nomadma » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:41 pm

I had one of these past statement in plain B&W paper with no address..etc printed and stamped by Barclay yesterday. As much as I didn't like it I was in a tight schedule and just went for it. (Had an approved ILR appointment this morning in Croydon based on that - was asked to show evidence my employer paid into my account and i use that exact stamped print out) It might not be the case for every caseworker but mine certainly accepted it. Hope the info helps.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:49 pm

nomadma wrote:

I had one of these past statement in plain B&W paper with no address..etc printed and stamped by Barclay yesterday. As much as I didn't like it I was in a tight schedule and just went for it. (Had an approved ILR appointment this morning in Croydon based on that - was asked to show evidence my employer paid into my account and i use that exact stamped print out) It might not be the case for every caseworker but mine certainly accepted it. Hope the info helps.
Congratulations.On a tight schedule you have got your ILR. I read your experience. It's very commendable. How many Bank Statements did the CW wanted to see for these salary Credits?

nomadma
Newly Registered

Post by nomadma » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
nomadma wrote:

Congratulations.On a tight schedule you have got your ILR. I read your experience. It's very commendable. How many Bank Statements did the CW wanted to see for these salary Credits?
First, I must stress this is only based on my experience and I know its a bit too detailed below but for obvious reason I dont want to mis-lead anybody.

I was on WP applying ILR. The Set (O) form request only 3 most recent months statement were needed to prove finance. The guide notes also request 1 most recent payslip.

I got a print out from machine and had it stamped in the bank (which covered 2 months - early Feb to early Apr). I realise then I needed more and eventually got a system print out from the back office in the bank, which has details of Dec upto part of March. Apparently the system does not print out the most recent transaction (Apr) as it needs time to be updated. At no point at all they offer me to pay extra for a printed statement with Barclay logo which will show the most recent statement for the last 12 months, even when I asked.

In the end I had:
1) 1x print out from machine dated up to the most recent months with all details like name, address but not the full bank account number
2) 1x print out from the back office which has my account number and name only, dated from 4 months ago (excluding the most recent month)

The CW ask for 3 most recent payslips and I only had one. I pointed to the CW the other salaries are shown in the second print out, which was deemed acceptable.

Hope the info is not too long winded and helpful

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:22 pm

nomadma wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
nomadma wrote:

First, I must stress this is only based on my experience and I know its a bit too detailed below but for obvious reason I dont want to mis-lead anybody.

I was on WP applying ILR. The Set (O) form request only 3 most recent months statement were needed to prove finance. The guide notes also request 1 most recent payslip.

I got a print out from machine and had it stamped in the bank (which covered 2 months - early Feb to early Apr). I realise then I needed more and eventually got a system print out from the back office in the bank, which has details of Dec upto part of March. Apparently the system does not print out the most recent transaction (Apr) as it needs time to be updated. At no point at all they offer me to pay extra for a printed statement with Barclay logo which will show the most recent statement for the last 12 months, even when I asked.

In the end I had:
1) 1x print out from machine dated up to the most recent months with all details like name, address but not the full bank account number
2) 1x print out from the back office which has my account number and name only, dated from 4 months ago (excluding the most recent month)

The CW ask for 3 most recent payslips and I only had one. I pointed to the CW the other salaries are shown in the second print out, which was deemed acceptable.

Hope the info is not too long winded and helpful
Thank you for that. A detailed and clear Explanation, much appreciated.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:23 am

HSBC has given a very Good letter to Keerthi. Please read his experience in this Forum.