ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC for kids

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shoolp
Newly Registered

BC for kids

Post by shoolp » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:44 pm

Hello users,

I am due for my ILR this month. after i get the ILR status can my child get citizenship without waiting for a year?.

And do my wife and child still hold a dependent status with me after getting ILR?

and when will they get independent status?.

someone please answer to my queries,

thank you.

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:40 pm

You can:

1. Put your wife and children on your ILR application and they will get an ILR status (ILR is always independent).
2. Your child can apply to register as a British citizen if he was born in the UK.
3. If your child was not born here he will have to naturalise. (You can register also register him when you apply for naturalisation).
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

shoolp
Newly Registered

Post by shoolp » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:14 pm

hello tnavon,

thanks for your reply :D , actually my child is born in uk in the year 2002 so will he be eligible immediatly for citizenship after i get ILR thats what you ment right?.

if ILr is independent status then can my wife travel to uk without me?

does she need to show any proof of her employment or the place where she is going to stay.

and where can i find the information about after ilr status?

shoolp.

tvt

Post by tvt » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:12 pm

1. As a UK born child, Your child can register as a British citizen as soon as you get the ILR.
2. After getting the ILR your wife can move freely, work freely, have recourse to public funds and can live in the UK without any time limits.
3. She can apply for citizenship (by naturalisation) after one year of holding the ILR (provided she was a UK resident for 5 years up to the naturalisation application date.
4. All relevant information is available on HO website www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

raikal

Post by raikal » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:55 pm

dear tvt,

bit confused here, if the child is born in UK and the parent gets ILR after the kid is born then should kid naturalize ?
Your response was no, does it mean that they dont have to fill form MN1 ?
where do they register the child at IND or passport office ?

Regards