ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help, not enough documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kay1727
Newly Registered

Please help, not enough documents

Post by kay1727 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Hello everyone,

My wife has PEO set(M) appointment at Croydon on 19th April. We have miss placed most of our documents which we had gathered over the last two years. Could someone please advice if she has any chance of getting ILR on the day with the below documents:

Wife's Passport
My Passport
2 Passport sized photographs (Wife and mine)
Marriage Certificate
NHS Medical Cards (Wife and mine)
Wife's bank statements (last three months)
My bank statements (last three months)
My P60 for 2011 and 2012
Wife's hospital discharge summary after pregnancy
Little One's birth certificate
Sky bill on my name
British Gas bill on my name
Npower confirmation of account switch over on wife's name
Letter from GP surgery confirming date of registration on wife's name
NHS appointment letter on my name
4 payslips covering April-July 2012 on my name
Child benefit letter on my name
tax credits letter on both names
London Oyster card statement confirming journeys on wife's name
ESOL certificate and transcript on wife's name
Consultancy agreement on my name
Missed appointment letter from GP on wife's name
Letter from my mother confirming we live in her property
I might be able to get the local library to wright a letter confirming my wife has registered.

Couple of more questions:

1. Would anyone recommend getting a friend who is a civil servant to right a letter in support of my wife's application?

2. As I am a contractor since 18th February 2013 would accounts produced by me be accepted?. The company I work for can provide me with a confirmation of payment. Would this be sufficient?

3. We had a few problems with my mother last year. My mother told us to leave her house and we ended up at the local council as homeless housing applicants. We stayed in a temporary 1 bed flat for five months. We moved back to my mother's place as we managed to sort out our differences and everything is fine. Should I disclose the fact that we lived somewhere else? We do not intend to hide anything but I do not want this to effect her ILR. If we do not disclose the above would we be caught out. Maybe not a good idea to hide the truth.

4. And finally, I am in the process of setting up my own limited company. My wife and I will be co-founders. Can any of the company formation documents help in this matter. Should I provide my cash flow document as this will be my main job from May 2013 on wards?

I am extremely sorry for the long post but we find ourselves in a difficult situation. We really need this ILR decision in our favor, I don/t think we would be able to cope with anymore setbacks.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

YoumeUs4ever
Newly Registered

Re: Please help, not enough documents

Post by YoumeUs4ever » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:55 pm

kay1727 wrote:Hello everyone,

My wife has PEO set(M) appointment at Croydon on 19th April. We have miss placed most of our documents which we had gathered over the last two years. Could someone please advice if she has any chance of getting ILR on the day with the below documents:

Wife's Passport
My Passport
Marriage Certificate
My P60 for 2011 and 2012
Sky bill on my name
I might be able to get the local library to wright a letter confirming my wife has registered.

1. Would anyone recommend getting a friend who is a civil servant to right a letter in support of my wife's application?

2. As I am a contractor since 18th February 2013 would accounts produced by me be accepted?. The company I work for can provide me with a confirmation of payment. Would this be sufficient?

3. We had a few problems with my mother last year. My mother told us to leave her house and we ended up at the local council as homeless housing applicants. We stayed in a temporary 1 bed flat for five months. We moved back to my mother's place as we managed to sort out our differences and everything is fine. Should I disclose the fact that we lived somewhere else? We do not intend to hide anything but I do not want this to effect her ILR. If we do not disclose the above would we be caught out. Maybe not a good idea to hide the truth.

4. And finally, I am in the process of setting up my own limited company. My wife and I will be co-founders. Can any of the company formation documents help in this matter. Should I provide my cash flow document as this will be my main job from May 2013 on wards?

I am extremely sorry for the long post but we find ourselves in a difficult situation. We really need this ILR decision in our favor, I don/t think we would be able to cope with anymore setbacks.

what about council tax , water bills , electricy ? have u got them ?

kay1727
Newly Registered

Post by kay1727 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks for the reply youmeus4ever,

Unfortunately we do not have any of those. As we live with my mother, everything is on her name.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:13 pm

kay1727 wrote:Thanks for the reply youmeus4ever,

Unfortunately we do not have any of those. As we live with my mother, everything is on her name.
Letter from Your Mum should explain every thing in detail. Do you pay any rent to her?

kay1727
Newly Registered

Post by kay1727 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi Kevin24,

Yes I pay her rent alongside paying most of the household bills. Apart from confirming the bill and letter situation what else can my mother right in the letter.

Many thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:24 pm

kay1727 wrote:Hi Kevin24,

Yes I pay her rent alongside paying most of the household bills. Apart from confirming the bill and letter situation what else can my mother right in the letter.

Many thanks
She should mention the rent amount. Also,that you and your wife are looking after her, and also caring for her. I do not know how old she is? If she is very old Your G.p could support this.

kay1727
Newly Registered

Post by kay1727 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:29 pm

Thanks Kevin24,

She actually is quite ill so should not be a problem obtaining a letter from her GP.

Do you think the above documents are good enough?
Any opinion on living in a temporary council property?

Thanks for your help

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:32 pm

kay1727 wrote:Thanks Kevin24,

She actually is quite ill so should not be a problem obtaining a letter from her GP.

Do you think the above documents are good enough?
Any opinion on living in a temporary council property?

Thanks for your help
That;s not a problem.

kay1727
Newly Registered

Post by kay1727 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:36 pm

Thats great, i feel slightly more relaxed now :)

Appreciate you input.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:59 pm

kay1727 wrote:Thats great, i feel slightly more relaxed now :)

Appreciate you input.
Also read Experiences of other Members in this Forum,whose cases have been some what similar to yours. Then you will get more more valuable information,which would help your case.

kay1727
Newly Registered

Post by kay1727 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:14 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
kay1727 wrote:Thats great, i feel slightly more relaxed now :)

Appreciate you input.
Also read Experiences of other Members in this Forum,whose cases have been some what similar to yours. Then you will get more more valuable information,which would help your case.
I will make sure I do. Thanks.

Can Kevin or anybody else advise on my question in relation to the limited company?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Please help, not enough documents

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:35 pm

YoumeUs4ever wrote:
kay1727 wrote:Hello everyone,

Wife's Passport
My Passport
Marriage Certificate
My P60 for 2011 and 2012
Sky bill on my name

what about council tax , water bills , electricy ? have u got them ?
Do you have cohabitation documents covering the two year period? 6 official documents in joint names or if not joint then one in each name dated for approx. every 4 months during the 2 year period, that is important. A letter from your Mother stating that you have at least one room for you and your wife. Also if you are not going with your wife a letter supporting her application with your contact details. As long as your income is ok (there is no specific income requirement but must be at least the level of income support for a couple assuming no children) then you should be fine. Only the last 3 months wage slips is needed, do not over worry about the income. If you are still worried get your application sorted out by the SCS before your PEO appointment.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.