ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application approved!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

melissajb88
Newly Registered

Application approved!

Post by melissajb88 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi guys,
I have been a silent follower since I sent my FLR (M) application and thought I would share some hope. I'm a Canadian teacher, married to an English teacher both living in England and recently married in November. We sent off our application via postal service which was received on 3 December 2012, and did biometrics on 1 February. Missed a DX delivery yesterday (8 March) which I assume is my BRP, then received documents with passports today with approval letter!
I have to say I'm very surprised it has been so quick and smooth. Did not even have a request for more info but I was incredibly thorough with an index, labels on everything and sent more than the required amount with duplicates for everything. In total it took about 13 weeks start to finish even with Christmas holidays in there.
I'm not sure if this helped, but I did write an email to the immigration minister Mark Harper a week ago. It's more than likely a coincidence since I only included my full name and didn't think to put in the reference number but it might be something to think about.
I have to say, I feel really guilty getting mine back with so many of you in limbo. I will keep hoping you all get good news very soon.

teryor77
Newly Registered

Post by teryor77 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 am

Congrats,

Pls could u give a list of what u included in your application ?

melissajb88
Newly Registered

Post by melissajb88 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:24 pm

teryor77 wrote:Congrats,

Pls could u give a list of what u included in your application ?
Hi there,
Hopefully this will help.

Both my passport and my husbands passport.
2 passport photos each
A letter of application from each of us
Financial
Letter outlining pay changes as we both received promotions less than 6 months before application
Husband's work contract for old title at job
husbands new work contract for new promotion
Letter of his employee confirming the offer of new role and salary
14 months of original bank statements from my husband (we went a little overboard!)
12 months of bank statement print outs from myself with each statement stamped from the bank (as I only do online banking)
12 months of payslips from my husband
10 months of payslips from me
current work contract from my employer, letter from new employer offering new position with salary written on it
old contract for last year's employment with salary
Proof of bank name change from me to my new married name
Proof of joint bank account
My P45
My P60
My 2011 tax refund confirmation

Copy of our most recent lease
Letter outlining the extension of our lease
Letter from landlady stating that she knew us and that we had lived together for a year and a half already

Wedding
2 copies of our wedding certificate
wedding photos
wedding cards
wedding announcement

Engagement photos
engagement cards

Travel itineraries from our holidays
letters/cards to each other (I also included a couple of emails we wrote each other from work as well and even the cards from flowers he'd sent me etc)
Photos from different times in our relationship
Cards addressed to both of us (ie, Christmas)

While I had this all placed in plastic wallets in a binder - I have been told they find plastic wallets annoying and time consuming- as a teacher I felt stupid not thinking of this as I hate when my students do this! as it takes a lot to remove that many files and put them back, etc. I just felt it made the application more secure/things less likely to get lost but that was my overcautious self!
I hope this helps.

teryor77
Newly Registered

Post by teryor77 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:46 am

Thanks melissajb88

Did you add any proof of address for both of u ?