ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Split ILR Application I.e PEO and Postal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anio

Split ILR Application I.e PEO and Postal

Post by Anio » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:24 am

Hi All,

This increased fees have been a terrible blow for me. I had intended to make a PEO application in July for spouse and 2 kids. Now this would cost about £2K extra which I can't afford. I don't want to make a postal application as I need to be able to travel for work so now I'm considering splitting my application to PEO for spouse and I, then postal for kids. It only saves me about £1K but it would help.

My questions is, what application form would I need to use when applying for kids - Set (O) or set (M)? I have a Tier 1 visa.

Has anyone gone this route to give advice on what needs to be considered. The process is not very clear to me and any input is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

[iD]

Re: Split ILR Application I.e PEO and Postal

Post by [iD] » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:59 am

Anio wrote:Hi All,

This increased fees have been a terrible blow for me. I had intended to make a PEO application in July for spouse and 2 kids. Now this would cost about £2K extra which I can't afford. I don't want to make a postal application as I need to be able to travel for work so now I'm considering splitting my application to PEO for spouse and I, then postal for kids. It only saves me about £1K but it would help.

My questions is, what application form would I need to use when applying for kids - Set (O) or set (M)? I have a Tier 1 visa.

Has anyone gone this route to give advice on what needs to be considered. The process is not very clear to me and any input is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

It's doable, as long as the kids would have enough leave for you to be able to make a postal application in time, you can skip them. You can even skip your wife and send her application by post.
Where were the kids born? If they were born in the UK and you are planning to naturalise afterwards, you can skip their ILR applications and just register them as british citizen after you get your ILR
Goodluck.

alanwong

Re: Split ILR Application I.e PEO and Postal

Post by alanwong » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:42 am

[iD] wrote:
It's doable, as long as the kids would have enough leave for you to be able to make a postal application in time, you can skip them. You can even skip your wife and send her application by post.
Where were the kids born? If they were born in the UK and you are planning to naturalise afterwards, you can skip their ILR applications and just register them as british citizen after you get your ILR
iD's advice is more sensible if you really want to save money.
If you want to save money, why do not you include your wife in the postal application?

Anio

Post by Anio » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:51 pm

Thanks for response, kids were born Outside the UK. My main confusion is what form to use for dependants if they are not applying with me and if my ILR is still being processed.

If ILR has been processed I supposed they would use Set (M) as I will be a settled person?