ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help/Urgent please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jini
Newly Registered

Need Help/Urgent please

Post by jini » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:09 am

Dear All
Please help me ..i have to appear in interview for EC in next week. i can not go in next five months to UK due to some domestic problem. What can i do? Really i am so depressed.
i want to know that can i apply for more relaxation stay in my country after approval of EC . Or is there any other way to increase time of arrival in UK.
Please help me
thanks a lot.

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:35 pm

Hello Dear,
First of all from which country are you appearing for an EC interview. As far as i know there is no interview for HSMP candidates. Just submit your Work Permit along with passport and supporting docs, that's it. It automatically gets stamped from the Britsih Embassy in 2 days. I never had an interview for myself.
Second thing, this is a Highly skilled migrant programme, not a usual Work permit.Britain wants HSMP candidates who can make UK their home. So they would be looking at your application at th time of renewal and say that it seems you dont intend to make UK your home as you have come after 5 months.
I understand your domestic problem, but if you could try and come within 1 to 1 and a half month that would be great for you.
Also read the guidelines properly, within the 4 years of your stay here (after the 1st year you get a 3 year stampng) you are allowed holidays not amounting to more than six months.
Please take note of all this, you are very lucky to get a HSMP, and dont lose it.

jini
Newly Registered

can i apply this option

Post by jini » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:32 pm

thanks friend.
ok i am thinking that first i try to get visa on their given date and then i will apply for extention for more time to leave country. what do you say?
Really its very critical situation and i am afraid that i may loss this chance.

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:57 pm

You have to get your EC within 3 months of HSMP approval and then you have a further 3 month to enter UK, thus a total of 6 months. If you cancel this appointment, when is the latest you have to go for EC? Remember it should be within 3 months of HSMP approval. So if you can push this date by 2 months, get your EC and wait for 3 more months before entering UK, you'll have your 5 months. Keep in mind though that your 1 year clock has already started ticking and with this scenerio you'll have only 6 months to find a job (if you don't have one already) and show "economic activity" when you apply for extension.