ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got letter from mp from ukba please I am very confused!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SammyT
Newly Registered

Got letter from mp from ukba please I am very confused!!

Post by SammyT » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:40 pm

It almost 9 months since I apply for eea4 permanent card
I request our passports several time and did not get any of them return.
Got my MP involved he has been very helpful and received a letter from him which I would like members opinion on.

They apologise for the delay it taking to deal with my application

They send me my case worker name directly to write to her

They said they can't sent my eea sponsor passport (husband) as they are carring out checks on my application...... But I fine this very strange as I call the call centre and the guy told me they do not need the passport to do check as they normally make copies and return them...

Please members what do you think is happening with my application.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Got letter from mp from ukba please I am very confused!!

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:00 pm

SammyT wrote: They said they can't sent my eea sponsor passport (husband) as they are carring out checks on my application......
Its really strange that they are doing EEA national passport checks at EEA4 stage which they had not finished at granting EEA2.

SammyT wrote: But I fine this very strange as I call the call centre and the guy told me they do not need the passport to do check as they normally make copies and return them...
Yes this is correct.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

SammyT
Newly Registered

Post by SammyT » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Sheraz7 do you think something is wrong and they not saying?

I am so stress and worried because I can't even find no other member on the furum with my experience .

Please moderators and guru please tell me what you think.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:13 pm

.. But I fine this very strange as I call the call centre and the guy told me they do not need the passport to do check as they normally make copies and return them...

That is wrong.they always proceed checks,
EEA and non EEA passports through their relevant ambassies.

SammyT
Newly Registered

Post by SammyT » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Imshzd but I have been going through the furum and everyone see to get back their passport on request so I don't think they need it especially the eea sponsor one....but how do they know they need it for embassy?

SammyT
Newly Registered

Post by SammyT » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:40 pm

I am so grateful for my Mp because all my letters and email to UKBA seem to be ignore, seem like they have not look at my application since they sent the COA months ago until he contacted them, this is so stressful and hope one day the UKBA can make people lives better by not dragging out our cases and process application in the specified time.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:03 pm

SammyT wrote:Imshzd but I have been going through the furum and everyone see to get back their passport on request so I don't think they need it especially the eea sponsor one....but how do they know they need it for embassy?

Yes they return passports back if there is any reason.
They scan the passport in the readable machine,and then sent it back if requested,
It's really strange why they are still holding your EEA sponcers passport for some checks.
If your partners passport is original and if there is no travel plans then let them a time for their satisfaction.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:03 pm

SammyT wrote:Imshzd but I have been going through the furum and everyone see to get back their passport on request so I don't think they need it especially the eea sponsor one....but how do they know they need it for embassy?

Yes they return passports back if there is any reason.
They scan the passport in the readable machine,and then sent it back if requested,
It's really strange why they are still holding your EEA sponcers passport for some checks.
If your partners passport is original and if there is no travel plans then let them a time for their satisfaction.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:05 pm

SammyT wrote:It almost 9 months since I apply for eea4 permanent card
I request our passports several time and did not get any of them return.
Got my MP involved he has been very helpful and received a letter from him which I would like members opinion on.

They apologise for the delay it taking to deal with my application

They send me my case worker name directly to write to her

They said they can't sent my eea sponsor passport (husband) as they are carring out checks on my application...... But I fine this very strange as I call the call centre and the guy told me they do not need the passport to do check as they normally make copies and return them...

Please members what do you think is happening with my application.
Hi, sorry to hear that and sorry for asking this but did your husband have any previous crimes or unattended court in UK or whole Europe as it might get the Homeoffece's attention?
Otherwise it's really strange because we all asked for passport back after a couple of months of submit and had no problems to return.
Good luck.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

SammyT
Newly Registered

Post by SammyT » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Spike_Uk no he has never been in trouble or anything and he have live in this country for more than 10 years he never apply for any residency are anything because there no need to honestly so he just carry on travel on his eea passport and has always been in employment.
The copy of the letter my MP sent to me from UKBA it said they are sorry but they cant sent back my eea sponsor passports as they are still carrying out checks on my application and they do not have a timescale as to them these will be completed. I am thinking something must be wrong...
Also why in the letter they gave me my caseworker name and address to write to her directly if I want to.. It is strange.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:44 pm

SammyT wrote:Spike_Uk no he has never been in trouble or anything and he have live in this country for more than 10 years he never apply for any residency are anything because there no need to honestly so he just carry on travel on his eea passport and has always been in employment.
The copy of the letter my MP sent to me from UKBA it said they are sorry but they cant sent back my eea sponsor passports as they are still carrying out checks on my application and they do not have a timescale as to them these will be completed. I am thinking something must be wrong...
Also why in the letter they gave me my caseworker name and address to write to her directly if I want to.. It is strange.
It is strange!!! have you written to her(case worker) yet?
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:15 pm

As you now know your caseworker and 9 months have already passed then why not you write them again even with the help of MP again to remind them their excessive delay from 6 months.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Keep copies of any letters you send and send them by special delivery so that it is a recorded delivery

SammyT
Newly Registered

Post by SammyT » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:45 pm

I will send her a letter Monday and also i have copy of all the letters i sent to them in the passed by SD, honestly I really do not know what else to do, I will keep you all updated.thanks for all the advice.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:48 pm

Contact Solvit. And contact the European Comission

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:50 am

Keep making a fuss, don't be fobbed off.

SammyT
Newly Registered

Post by SammyT » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:32 am

Solvit do I contact the one in the Eea country that my husband comes from also should I sent them a email or telephone?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:34 pm

SammyT wrote:Solvit do I contact the one in the Eea country that my husband comes from?
yes