ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 2 change of employment help - passport expiring soon

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahsan225
Newly Registered

tier 2 change of employment help - passport expiring soon

Post by ahsan225 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:15 pm

hi,

i am currently on a tier 2 general visa and am looking to change employment. My passport expires on June 16th, 2013. is there a minimum passport validity required for tier 2 COE applications? would it be an issue if the passport expires while it is with the UKBA ?

The renewal process takes a long time ( 6-8 weeks).

Also advise if i need to show maintenance for myself and my dependents since I am already in a tier 2 general visa.

Regards,
Syed A Subhan

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Passport renewal shouldn't take long. Check with your local embassy.

Passport should be valid for at least 6 months to apply for a visa. Although you will be getting a BRP, why take a risk, get your passport renewed ASAP

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: tier 2 change of employment help - passport expiring soo

Post by makky86 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:56 am

ahsan225 wrote:hi,

i am currently on a tier 2 general visa and am looking to change employment. My passport expires on June 16th, 2013. is there a minimum passport validity required for tier 2 COE applications? would it be an issue if the passport expires while it is with the UKBA ?

The renewal process takes a long time ( 6-8 weeks).

Also advise if i need to show maintenance for myself and my dependents since I am already in a tier 2 general visa.

Regards,
Syed A Subhan

There is no such rule that you need to have passport for 6 months. When I applied my Tier 2 my passport was due expire in 2 months.

II Youths a stuff neve endures II

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:05 am

If you have got your visa renewed with passport expiring in 2 months then good for you.

When you make visa applications there is a general expectation to have passport valid for atleast 6 months & have atleast one blank page excluding the last page to put the visa on.

This may not be the case with in country application but again don't see an issue renewing passport which is just a case of 3-5 business days in local embassy. (ETA would be country specific)