ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Passport Control Queue?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stedman

Post by stedman » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:01 pm

vin123 wrote:Now a days I find the all queues fast moving
Travelled from Stansted recently? It's a nightmare and probably has the longest immigration queues in the world. Not an airport we'd normally use but the only direct flight to where we were going left from there. Almost everyone travelling to and from Stansted is an EEA citizen so the two queues were merged that day, don't know if this is going to be a permanent thing, or if it's any use - it just means there is one really long queue often being held up by a couple of non-EEA people with dodgy looking passports.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:11 pm

yankeegirl wrote:Yeah, Doctorrer I've got the Family Permit in my passport.
Then you shouldnt have had to fill in the landing card. See 5.2.1 on page 12 so that you can stand your ground the next time. Just out of curiousity, was a stamp placed in your passport as well while you were being admitted?
stedman wrote:I think it's only because my landing card says "medical doctor" as my profession. With A&E waiting times being what they are and GP appointments taking ages to arrange these days, all sorts of people (immigration, banks, hairdresser, postman) slip in a little quick health oriented question
Nice to know that the Immigration Officers are being nice to you instead of thinking "...just my luck to run into a doctor.If I can be kept waiting so long for seeing him, its time I repaid the favour..." and taking the frustration out on you for having to wait so long. Also cant imagine what would happen if you ran into an IO who just had a rigid Rectosigmoidoscopy the day before.
Jabi

stedman

Post by stedman » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:40 pm

Docterror wrote: Nice to know that the Immigration Officers are being nice to you instead of thinking "...just my luck to run into a doctor.If I can be kept waiting so long for seeing him, its time I repaid the favour..." and taking the frustration out on you for having to wait so long. Also cant imagine what would happen if you ran into an IO who just had a rigid Rectosigmoidoscopy the day before.
Knowing my (good) luck he may have rather enjoyed it, so would be all smiles!

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:50 pm

Just out of curiousity, was a stamp placed in your passport as well while you were being admitted?
Yes, she put a stamp directly on the permit, just has the date and the airport (Belfast).

flyboy
Member of Standing
Switzerland

Post by flyboy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:32 pm

Any update as to whether non EEA family members travelling with their EEA family members can use the EEA channel when entering the UK?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:54 pm

what is it like at Luton?