ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN and married/maiden Names and travel out of UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imagine2010
Newly Registered

Form AN and married/maiden Names and travel out of UK

Post by Imagine2010 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:28 am

Dear All,

We (my wife and I) are due to attend NCS on the 7/05/13 to submit our forms. I have however been troubled by my wife about two issues on the on the form. I have not been able to find the answers on the forum.

a)Currently, my wife does not use my name (her married name) but she absolutely wants her British Passport (if we get approval) to have my name as her surname. So she is absolutely desperate to use her married name as her surname in Section 1.5. She thinks that if she gets her name (maiden name) on the nationality certificate, she will not be able to change this to her married name when she applied for the passport. Could someone clarify this? Why did i think that once you get the Certificate of Nationality you could use other names (Married Name) when you are applying for the British Passport.

b) How long can you stay out of the UK after your application is submitted. I know you have to stay for at least five days after your application is submitted so that the UKBA receive your application. After this date, can you spend a few months out the UK or could your application be rejected on this basis?

Thank you.

Ultimately, she wants to applyShe thinks that if she were to eventually get her Certificate of Nationality with her

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 am

1. Your wife is right. Use her married name with the form AN.

2. See "Q2: Can I travel after applying for naturalisation?" in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting. Don't forget to come back for the ceremony.