ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tax return documents instead of P60

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

macelee
Newly Registered

tax return documents instead of P60

Post by macelee » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:51 am

I have my P60 form mailed back to the tax office because HMRC mis-calculated my tax. I eventually got my overpaid tax back but the office lost my P60 form.

Now I am going to file HSMP. What I have is a document issued by HMRC called 'Tax Calculation' which indicates my total income and tax paid. I am wondering if this document can be used to replace the lost P60.

It is very frustrating to communicate with Home Office. I send the question using email to the custom service and they replied with 48 hours, but only copy/paste the HSMP FAQ in the reply. I bet they did not even read my question.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: tax return documents instead of P60

Post by pantaiema » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:53 pm

Could not you ask for duplicate ?.

Pantaiema
macelee wrote:I have my P60 form mailed back to the tax office because HMRC mis-calculated my tax. I eventually got my overpaid tax back but the office lost my P60 form.

Now I am going to file HSMP. What I have is a document issued by HMRC called 'Tax Calculation' which indicates my total income and tax paid. I am wondering if this document can be used to replace the lost P60.

It is very frustrating to communicate with Home Office. I send the question using email to the custom service and they replied with 48 hours, but only copy/paste the HSMP FAQ in the reply. I bet they did not even read my question.

macelee
Newly Registered

Post by macelee » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:54 pm

pantaiema wrote:Could not you ask for duplicate ?.

Pantaiema
I called the tax office and they cannot duplicate the form. They only send me a letter saying that they can testify that I have an income of xxxx and paid tax of xxxx. Of course I can supply this letter together with the 'tax calculation' to Home Office. But then I am afraid a caseworker may simply ignore that.

Would you clarify if the tax office or my employer hold another copy of my P60? I actually have a photocopy of my P60 but silly Home Office does not accept photocopy. I have to find something original.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:19 pm

I am really confusing about this case, people get P60 from current employer and there is nothing to do with tax office. Why asked the tax office to duplicate it ?????????? :roll:

Read this official website
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAnd ... G_10013512

This is what is written in their website
"If you've lost your P60 your employer can issue you with a duplicate - but this must be clearly marked as being so."

FYI, HSMP case worker know very well that you could get the duplicate from your employer.

So that If you could not provide P60 do not use excuse that you lose it, because you will probably also lose your case.

Pantaiema
macelee wrote:
pantaiema wrote:Could not you ask for duplicate ?.

Pantaiema
I called the tax office and they cannot duplicate the form. They only send me a letter saying that they can testify that I have an income of xxxx and paid tax of xxxx. Of course I can supply this letter together with the 'tax calculation' to Home Office. But then I am afraid a caseworker may simply ignore that.

Would you clarify if the tax office or my employer hold another copy of my P60? I actually have a photocopy of my P60 but silly Home Office does not accept photocopy. I have to find something original.

adindas

Post by adindas » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:04 pm

If people in this forum could see that there something strange in your case, case worker could defenitely see it as well, do not they. Is your case is genuine ??? :evil: :evil: .......

Adindas
pantaiema wrote:I am really confusing about this case, people get P60 from current employer and there is nothing to do with tax office. Why asked the tax office to duplicate it ?????????? :roll:

Read this official website
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAnd ... G_10013512

This is what is written in their website
"If you've lost your P60 your employer can issue you with a duplicate - but this must be clearly marked as being so."

FYI, HSMP case worker know very well that you could get the duplicate from your employer.

So that If you could not provide P60 do not use excuse that you lose it, because you will probably also lose your case.

Pantaiema