ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on naturalisation-urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arifzx
Newly Registered

Advice on naturalisation-urgent

Post by arifzx » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:54 pm

Hello all,

I am sending my naturalisation application on Tuesday and would like some views and help please.
I am applying as a spouse of BC, on 3 years residential requirement, Although I had been lawfully here for 10 years and 3 months on continuous visa extensions now. I was a student for all the period apart from 2 years of switch to spousal visa an now ILR.
I want to post my application rather than use ncs as I would like to send some extra docs which ncs wouldn't take and I know HO will require them to decide my application properly. The reason being that HO lost my previous passport, which will cover the 1st year of my residential requirement, as my current passport cover the previous 2 years. I would like to send my P60,s for the last 3 Years and all payslips and bank statements for the first year 2010-2011 of the residential requirement. As my passport was lost by HO.
Are these docs ok to send?
Also do I need to send evidence of my previous biometric cards issued when I was a student and spouse dependant? Or will they have records of it?
Also my ILR is a biometric card, so do I need to send this a original with the application, or a photocopy will be ok to prove that I don't have by restriction of time limit on my residence.

Please advise guys

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Advice on naturalisation-urgent

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:49 am

arifzx wrote:Hello all,

I am sending my naturalisation application on Tuesday and would like some views and help please.
I am applying as a spouse of BC, on 3 years residential requirement, Although I had been lawfully here for 10 years and 3 months on continuous visa extensions now. I was a student for all the period apart from 2 years of switch to spousal visa an now ILR.
I want to post my application rather than use ncs as I would like to send some extra docs which ncs wouldn't take and I know HO will require them to decide my application properly. The reason being that HO lost my previous passport, which will cover the 1st year of my residential requirement, as my current passport cover the previous 2 years. I would like to send my P60,s for the last 3 Years and all payslips and bank statements for the first year 2010-2011 of the residential requirement. As my passport was lost by HO.
Are these docs ok to send?
Also do I need to send evidence of my previous biometric cards issued when I was a student and spouse dependant? Or will they have records of it?
Also my ILR is a biometric card, so do I need to send this a original with the application, or a photocopy will be ok to prove that I don't have by restriction of time limit on my residence.

Please advise guys
The ho has your ILR information on their system, they issued the BRP. The NCS will send everything that is relevant they will ring a ukba caseworker should there be any issues. You only need to be bothered with the last 3 years nothing before then
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

arifzx
Newly Registered

Post by arifzx » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi
Thanks for your kind reply.however I am applying by post and not NCS. So my questions are whether I should send my original biometric card with ILR? And also if 12 months of payslips and bank statements for the year 2010-2011 and last 3 year payslip ok to prove the year missing because of lost passport.
Please advise and info will be great.

vinny

Re: Advice on naturalisation-urgent

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:32 pm

arifzx wrote:I want to post my application rather than use ncs as I would like to send some extra docs which ncs wouldn't take and I know HO will require them to decide my application properly.
I'm surprised that the NCS wouldn't take any extra documents that you wanted to include.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

arifzx
Newly Registered

Post by arifzx » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi Vinny,

I am annoyed too, but I had enquired at quite a few of the local NCS and they are all saying that they just need the basic docs, ie passport, life in UK cert, marriage cert, and at max p60's and are unable to take in any extra docs and are advising that if UKBA require anything else they will write to you. i would rather send them extra doscs like whole year payslips, and bank statements and save their and ny time and count my app as strightforward rather tgan docs missing.i need to send these extra docs as they prove that I was physically in UK during the time.
Being in the situation of having to send my app by postal service, how do I send proof of free from time limit? Do I send original bio residence card or just copy?
Please advise