ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IDI's for Long Residency

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jes2jes

IDI's for Long Residency

Post by jes2jes » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi everyone.

I have been looking at the Case Worker Manuals on the IND website but it seems the above has been removed for update since June/July last year with no date of its return.

I am due for ILR early next year if I go on the Long Residency Route as compared to WP which would be the year after. I would be grateful if anyone has a copy of the old version available or can provide a link.

What I am interested in is the absence criteria. I am not sure whether absence from the UK at any given point should not be more than 180 days or 90 days for the LR Route. Anybody has any info please do not hesitate to post or point me in the right direction.

Kind Regards
Praise The Lord!!!!

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:09 pm

Is this (pdf) what you're looking for by any chance?

This Google search may lead to other useful docs.

Oh, one more.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:20 am

Thanks mate. Very helpful. Found what I wanted on page three.

Thanks again.
Praise The Lord!!!!

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:31 pm

Guys:

I was going through my passport to check my absence from the UK for the above. I found out that, on one occasion I was out of the country for 6 months and 2 days.

I know that the ILR rules base on the LR category allows for absence up to 6 months but what about 2 days more than the usual?

Will this be a problem? If it would then I would have to wait a year more.

Thanks for your input.
Praise The Lord!!!!

costa

Post by costa » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:49 pm

It should be referred to IDIs Chapter 18- The long residence concession.

However, when browsing the website, it said--
All applications for settlement on the basis of long residence in the United Kingdom are now considered under paragraphs 276A to D of the Immigration Rules.

An updated IDI will be provided as soon as possible.

Link: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... chapter18/

Anyhow, about the absence on 6 month and 2 days, I think it is depend on whether you still maintain the tie with the UK during this period. For example, was the absent period cover by valid visa at that time? are you still a student or working in the UK? and what reason made you out of UK for 6-month long? this is all casework will be taken into account when review your application.

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:03 am

costa, what they mean is, I think, that this is not a concession anymore but a rule. Maybe the HO doesn't want to make it too easy to understand ;) Their "soon as possible" is now coming up to one year.

Unfortunately, I don't believe they'll offer any concession for the extra two days. They like sticking to the rules and I don't believe the rules make any allowance for this. A good immigration solicitor may be worth engaging.... or just wait another year.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:29 am

Thanks OL7MAX & Costa!

I agree IND/BIA's coming soon can take forever. Truly, the 10 year Rule is no longer a concession but enshrined in the IR these days.

When it comes to rules sometimes officialdom can be inflexible but when they make mistakes then they bend sometimes :roll:

You are right. I might have to wait a year or call the IND to find out but I guess I know their answer already. I came to this conclusion due to a similar case on this board where a bloke has been refused ILR due to a month's gap which cannot be accounted for. Mine days are all accounted for though.

The funny thing is that, when I got my SAB Report a couple of weeks ago, my year of first entry into the UK has been back dated a couple of days prior to my actual entry on the IND Computer Systems. The date they have on their system as my date of entry is the actual date my EC was approved. It is amazing what these guys can come up with.

Thanks anyway and will see what happens in the coming weeks with what I find out.
Praise The Lord!!!!