ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Employer Reference Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrseekerlondon

Post by ilrseekerlondon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:29 am

thanks buddy,

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:44 am

[quote="ilrseekerlondon"]thanks buddy,[/quote] urw . But please keep us posted regarding devlopment which will help all ILR seeker who are on tier 2.

ilrseekerlondon

Post by ilrseekerlondon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Dk, yes surely will do that..

Tier2Employee
Newly Registered

SOC Code and Employer Letter

Post by Tier2Employee » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:00 pm

My Employer had refused to give the letter. You are correct that the letter does not mention SOC code but mentioned Job Title against which you were granted Tier 2 ICT.

I am looking for option for Tier 2 General which I will post as a separate question on other topic now.

GenX

Post by GenX » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:02 am

Hi tier2employee,

Please send the link of the query you have raised in other topi.

Thanks

ILR2011User
Newly Registered

Re: Not able to get Employer Reference Letter

Post by ILR2011User » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Yes this seems to have worked for a friend in TCS.
Tier2Employee wrote:Hi Guys,

Employer is refusing to give any reference letter for ILR. I am thinking of getting the below
1.Get the reference letter mention salary and other details.
2. For SOC get the UK BA Tier 2 ICT extension letter which mentions SOC and get it attested by Employer.
3. Prinout of Leave History recorded in the Employer portal and get it attested by Employer

Do you think it will be able to cover up for the two letter requirements which UK BA has from employer? or is it worth the risk?

If you think that it does have lot of risk then will cancel the PEO appointment booked as cannot get the required letter from Employer.

rajkpardeshi
Newly Registered

Reg Employer Letter

Post by rajkpardeshi » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi tier2employee,
Please post your experience on this forum so that we know how you get around this employer letter issue since there are many like you and me who have the same problem of not getting employer letter and any help would be really appreciated.

thanks in advance

Tier2Employee
Newly Registered

will post as soon as I find a suitable alternative

Post by Tier2Employee » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi
Will post as soon as there is a suitable alternative.
Currently just exploring options as per previous post
If not then will try and switch to tier2 and if not finally will go back to home country for some different onsite opportunity. Will let you know whatever works or doesn't work out.

rajkpardeshi
Newly Registered

Post by rajkpardeshi » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:44 am

Thanks mate and all the very best for your ILR, hope things work out and you get it.

stevejameswiki
Newly Registered

Post by stevejameswiki » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi Tier2Employee
How you finally managed to get the PR please?
Have you submited the house loan cearificate from your company?

tier2_cts

Tier 2 (ICT) --> Tier 2 Gen --> ILR

Post by tier2_cts » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi,
I came to UK in 2008 on work permit. Since then I am staying with the same employer. Current visa type is tier 2 ICT – Long term. I know I am eligible to apply for ILR and also can switch to tier 2 General. I got driving offence, so as per the current rule; I can’t apply for ILR. Could you please clarify me the following questions? If I plan to change my employer,
Should I have to stay with them for the minimum period before I can apply for ILR through them?
Should I have to work with a big company to get ILR, say “A” rated company or I can work for any employer and get ILR? i.e., are there any criteria for the employers to provide the letter to get ILR?

Thanks.

cutipd
Newly Registered

Changes to employer letter for Tier2 ILR route from Oct

Post by cutipd » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:05 pm

I read that from October onwards employer letter for Tier2 ILR route should also contain following statement

The Sponsor that issued the Certificate of Sponsorship that led to the

applicant's last grant of leave must:

(i) still hold, or have applied for a renewal of, a Tier 2 Sponsor licence in

the relevant category;

along with other statements.

ref: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Skyehiker
Newly Registered

ILR Employer Letter without SOC

Post by Skyehiker » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Two questions regarding the letter my employer is writing for my upcoming PEO appointment:

My employer keeps putting my NI number, and not my SOC code, on the letter they're writing for my PEO appointment. I am hoping to have that sorted by the day, but to be honest, the HR person assigned to this is a bit thick, and I wouldn't be surprised if he still doesn't get it by then. If not, will the case worker be able to look that up?

Whilst on a permanent contract, my position is being eliminated, with my last day at the end of November. I have a six-month post with the same employer on offer after that. If the employer puts those details in the letter, does that kill my chances?

salivi
Newly Registered

Post by salivi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi,
Sorry for opening an older post, just wanted to know how did you guys manage to get around this issue.

Thanks

ICTQuestion
Newly Registered

Help

Post by ICTQuestion » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:56 pm

Can you help me whether employer reference letter for home loan would be ok for ILR.

seekar
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Employer Reference Letter

Post by seekar » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Please anyone !!! provide update if he/she was successful in getting ILR with a generic letter from Employer, which does not mention SOC code...Much appreciated !!!

cherry_2009
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Employer Reference Letter

Post by cherry_2009 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi All,

I am also facing same situation, Can you please let me know Employer Home loan document acceptable by UKBA without soc code