ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) overstay

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nathan2
Newly Registered

FLR(M) overstay

Post by nathan2 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:55 pm

We've screwed up. We thought my wife's FLR(M) ran out at the end of May, it actually expired today. We were just getting info (for either SET(M) or another FLR) tonight when we noticed.

She hasn't been able to pass the Life in the UK Test yet (she has chronic health trouble - most seriously, daily disabling migraines). We were trying to get her healthy enough to try the test again (aim was/is end of month), rather than just sending in a request for medical exemption.

Info: I'm British, she's Canadian. Both disabled, no kids yet. I'm self-employed, she can't work (she does a tiny bit of knitting, but no income).

Now she's overstaying her visa (our fault). What's our best option here?

nathan2
Newly Registered

Post by nathan2 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:02 am

Just found on the UKBA website that an overstay less than 28 days will be ignored for FLR(M).

Can't see if there's the same rule for ILR(M) - anyone know?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:38 am

Unfortunately, an overstayer would also be subject to the new rules.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nathan2
Newly Registered

Post by nathan2 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:09 am

vinny wrote:Unfortunately, an overstayer would also be subject to the new rules.
Thanks Vinny. Going through that I see the income requirement is £18k6. The second link you gave reads to me like Tax Credits I am eligible for are counted as part of my income for this test (section 12A), but the UKBA guidance section FM says in Section 4.2.1 that Working Tax Credit cannot be counted. Which is correct?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:32 am

21?

Perhaps you should ask John.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nathan2
Newly Registered

Post by nathan2 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 am

Thanks Vinny, I've asked in John's thread. Appreciate your help

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:01 am

nathan, do you receive DLA?

This can remove the financial requirement for income...