ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to different department

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gmmi

Moving to different department

Post by Gmmi » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:59 pm

Apologies If I am repeating this quesiton on this forum. I tried to search it but search engine appeared to be not very friendly 8)

My company hired me for job X and after 3 years now they are moving me into another job Y which is in same company same address but separate department. Although my X and Y both jobs are related to IT but obviously I will have a different title/job role. As a Work permit holder I have few questions:

(1) Would my employer need to get permission from HO?
(2) If we don't inform or get permission from HO then would it create any problem for me while applying ILR (due in next 7 months)? specially when I will be submitting employer letter referring new job title

Regards,

Gmmi

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:47 pm

A work permit is issued for a specific job in a specific company at a designated specific address.

It shouldnt be a mojor problem changing 'job' titles as people do get promoted/demoted etc.

It would be prudent if you inform HO that the job title/department is changing
Where there is a will there is a way.

Gmmi

Post by Gmmi » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:35 pm

Thanks Chess. If there is no mandatory requirement from HO and it can't create any problme for ILR application then I would prefer to avoid the hassle to inform HO

Is anyone with same kind of experience?

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:10 pm

Hi Gmmi

As long as the company name remains same, you are fine.

vin123

ForeignMan
Newly Registered

Post by ForeignMan » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:26 pm

I have no experience of this but will face the same "problem" in the next couple of months.

Its a tiny detail but if you think about it, its quite natural for you to be promoted to some other title than what you initially had when you obtained the work permit.

For example, a "computer programmer" hired 3 years ago could easily be a "Systems Architect" now who is essentially a programmer plus more.

If I were you I would get it cleared with a professional since you never know.

vin123, kayalami, joseph, do you have any experience with this? any link? etc? Just to get something more concrete.

Cheers.
TheForeigner.

Gmmi

Post by Gmmi » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:55 am

Thanks vin123 and ForeingMan.