ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa and ILE validity

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pereras2000
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa and ILE validity

Post by pereras2000 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:49 am

Hello there,
I have been reading so much about the Schengen visa procedure for the past few weeks on he web and need to get a few questions answered.

I'll try my best to keep this short as possible.

Firstly I'm a spouse of a UK national and have ILE with the name of my spouse on my ILE visa and live in the UK. It also has an expiry date (already expired few months back, and spoke to UKBA, they said it is valid and if anyone has a problem with that to contact them, was a hassle when I applied for a job last month as many dont know how it worked even though its Indefinite).

Now myself and my Mrs are planning to travel to Eindhoven in Netherlands end of May, booked the flight and accommodation in advance as well as travel insurance.
I will be booking an appointment to submit the docs in the visa consulate in the next 2 days.

My question is
*Firstly, regarding the visa validity, I read earlier somewhere that you can write Indefinite - for the valid until section.
**Secondly, Entry to final country of destination and valid dates, So it is UK then and write Indefinite again for valid until?
***Next, We are planning to visit Germany a month after visiting Holland, but not confirmed yet do I have to show proof of this If I'am applying for multiple entry and I also said visa requested is for 90 days in my form even though I will be staying in Holland for 10 days.
Lastly, My name on the ticket booking has my first and second name with no spaces and Surname correct, Your opinion if this will be a problem when travelling?

I have included the marriage certificates and English translation copies as well spouses pay slip( told this wasn't mandatory), travel insurance and Travel bookings. Anything I missed here?

Thank you very much for taking your time in reading this and helping me out if possible.
Perera S.

pereras2000
Newly Registered

Post by pereras2000 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi all, spoke to the consulate and clarified most of the doubt,
except for one regarding the planned German trip which is not confirmed, Do I Have to show proof of visiting another Schengen member state?, as I have requested for 90 days multiple entry even though I'm only staying for 10 days in Netherlands,
Any help is very much appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:08 pm

I would suggest you do as they might just given the visa for the duration of the trip even though you asked for more.

pereras2000
Newly Registered

Post by pereras2000 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Thank you very much for your kind response, I will then apply for single entry according to the advice.

I was wondering since my ILE has an expiry date and also expired. Should I enclose the printout of UKBA page regarding ILE (ECB 9.6) and also mention it in my cover letter?
Or would they know how it works and would it be an overkill and cause an unnecessary hassle.
This is actually quite stressing.

:oops:

silverdiablo7
Newly Registered

Post by silverdiablo7 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:20 pm

I also hold and Indefinite Leave to Enter but applied for a Schengen before it 'expired' and got it quick.
You also certainly do not need much documents like a normal schengen application.
This link was helpful in giving you more details on ILE.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Since you mention your spouse is an EU passport holder and with a marriage certificate, spouses EU proof it shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully someone here with experience will advise.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Note that in general you should be required to provide just the EU citizen's passport and the marriage certificate. No proof of financial means or travel insurance required.

pereras2000
Newly Registered

Post by pereras2000 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks for the advise guys, submitted documents during my appointment and I didnt submit whats not necessary like Directive mentioned.
I would like to know something regarding Timatic. I submitted all the details to see if a visa is required and it comes up as :

"Visa required, except for A stay of max. 90 days in a half
year period for holders of a valid "D" visa issued by another
Schengen Member State For details, click here .
Visa required, except for A max. stay of 90 days, holders of a
"family member" residence permit issued by United Kingdom to a
family member of a national of an EEA Member State".
So out of curiosity,
So if a Uk resident with endorsements on the visa with the spouses details, Marriage Cert., and no schengen visa travelling to another EU destination, will they be hassled by the airline staff as well??

Any one experienced this??

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:43 pm