ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP holders hopeful as Britain announces review of HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karupalli

HSMP holders hopeful as Britain announces review of HSMP

Post by karupalli » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:22 pm

http://www.indiaenews.com/europe/20070328/45047.htm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Brit ... 817671.cms

If we fight, govt will change the rules and also think twice before changing the rules in future.

Please join with us to fight...
www.hsmpforum.com
Last edited by karupalli on Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:31 pm

I dont understand this thing about the retrospective rules affecting only indians, this is disheartening. Cant it be said that this rule changes affects HSMP holders without naming a particular group. Maybe we should just leave the fight and the donations to the Indians alone.
Dont get me wrong, i am not anti Indian, this is about HSMP not Indians or Chinease as was the first demonstration by Christine Lee.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

gaurav

Post by gaurav » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:09 pm

The links provided are from Indian media that's why they highlight plight of Indians!!!!
Papafaith wrote:I dont understand this thing about the retrospective rules affecting only indians, this is disheartening. Cant it be said that this rule changes affects HSMP holders without naming a particular group. Maybe we should just leave the fight and the donations to the Indians alone.
Dont get me wrong, i am not anti Indian, this is about HSMP not Indians or Chinease as was the first demonstration by Christine Lee.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:52 pm

Papafaith

Ultimately if the govt reviews the unjust retrospective changes to HSMP, all HSMP holders from every country will benefit not just Indians. It is just news from an Indian newspaper hence they highlight cases of Indian nationals.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:39 pm

The articles are a bit misleading...

According to the messages on the HSMP forum site, the immigration minister just said he will look into it and did not mention anything about the govt. going to review any of the rules...

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:00 am

The new HSMP rules (07 Nov 2006) are much BETTER than the previous ones which favour ONLY under 28 aged people.

There is more emphasis placed now on "Previous Earnings" which is how it shoud be. A person's experience, education or having a spouse does NOT necessarily mean that the person is likely to earn a good income and contribute to the economy. On the other hand, a person earning more than £40K/annum should be given a chance to carry on.

If a decision is made to move back to old rules, all applicants who have been recently granted HSMP will ALSO be affected and start protesting.

Most people who have been granted HSMP under old rules will qualify under new rules too.

The majority of the people affected are GPs who have lost that special provision.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:06 am

MSI GEEK wrote:If a decision is made to move back to old rules, all applicants who have been recently granted HSMP will ALSO be affected and start protesting.
Even if the govt. reverts back to the old rules they are going to introduce some changes making sure that people don't get ILR by just working in Tesco's etc.

There is no stopping people from claiming benefits after they got their ILR thru the Tesco, etc route.

And I find it's injustice to all the other people who have worked hard to get ILR

MSI GEEK

Post by MSI GEEK » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:24 am

I strongly feel that the HSMP permit should be issued initially for 5 years (time required for ILR) itself or the time for ILR be reduced to 2 years.

As per HSMP guidance:

"You must be willing and able to make the United Kingdom your main home

If you are successful in your HSMP application, and apply for leave to enter or remain, we will ask you to provide a written undertaking that you intend to make the UK your country of habitual residence".

HSMP should lead to ILR. Otherwise, the above mentioned does not hold true.

simar

Post by simar » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:22 am

UK Indian pros get deportation orders

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... 826442.cms

It seems nothing have changed. Govt is adamant on its stand. Lot of educated professors/teachers seems effected. We in IT industry are just okay with 35k+ earning criteria to get points. It is touch and go case for us too. Who knows what will happen after 3-4 years.

karupalli

Title of tthe message

Post by karupalli » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:39 am

I just took the title from news paper article. As this is published in india, it is highlighted indians.... Sorry if I meant it wrong.

I have changed the title now... :)

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:09 pm

Its ok Karupalli, its just that we are a group (HSMP) and we all are fighting together. Just understood that the Indian media would want to shed light on how it affects indians.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:18 pm

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2007_03_ ... hanges.htm

This is interesting

"Recently a New Zealand national who had applied for an HSMP extension under the new rules did not qualify for failure to meet the new earnings requirement. He appealed the refusal on grounds of a violation of his human rights grounds, and the appeal was granted. The Home Office is contesting the ruling."