ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General visitor visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vickskul
Newly Registered

General visitor visa for parents

Post by vickskul » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Hello,

I am in UK currently on Tier-2 visa and intending to bring my parents from India to UK on 6 month general visitor visa in May.
I have understood that recent changes in rules mean that they can not use Family visitor visa type as I don't have citizenship or ILR.

My situation is that I have sent my Tier-2 visa extension application to UK Border agency by post and waiting further response.

I understand for general visitor visa the applicant needs to mention the address of the person with whom they will stay. I am intending to provide a letter to my parents so that they can use for their General visitor visa.

My question is whether its OK for them to apply on the basis that I am continuing to stay in UK legally while I am waiting for my Tier-2 extension.

I would be grateful if you can advise on this situation as early as possible.

Thank you.

z18runway

Re: General visitor visa for parents

Post by z18runway » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:01 am

vickskul wrote:Hello,

I am in UK currently on Tier-2 visa and intending to bring my parents from India to UK on 6 month general visitor visa in May.
I have understood that recent changes in rules mean that they can not use Family visitor visa type as I don't have citizenship or ILR.

My situation is that I have sent my Tier-2 visa extension application to UK Border agency by post and waiting further response.

I understand for general visitor visa the applicant needs to mention the address of the person with whom they will stay. I am intending to provide a letter to my parents so that they can use for their General visitor visa.

My question is whether its OK for them to apply on the basis that I am continuing to stay in UK legally while I am waiting for my Tier-2 extension.

I would be grateful if you can advise on this situation as early as possible.

Thank you.
Absolutely yes, i did the same, my parents got the visa.