ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Will my Tier 2 be invalid?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jrat19
Newly Registered

URGENT: Will my Tier 2 be invalid?

Post by Jrat19 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:46 pm

On Friday I submitted my Tier 2 application by post. I only included my mobile phone number and not a home number or a work number because I am currently in the process of moving home. I ticked the box for mobile as being my preferred number.

Will this result in my application being invalidated?

Many thanks
J

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT: Will my Tier 2 be invalid?

Post by makky86 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Jrat19 wrote:On Friday I submitted my Tier 2 application by post. I only included my mobile phone number and not a home number or a work number because I am currently in the process of moving home. I ticked the box for mobile as being my preferred number.

Many thanks
J
Why do you think it would be an invalid application?
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Jrat19
Newly Registered

Post by Jrat19 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:38 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
Jrat19 wrote:On Friday I submitted my Tier 2 application by post. I only included my mobile phone number and not a home number or a work number because I am currently in the process of moving home. I ticked the box for mobile as being my preferred number.

Many thanks
J
Why do you think it would be an invalid application?
Because I didn't provide three phone numbers, only the one. I had a closer look at the guidance notes and the 'Specified application forms and procedures' page and it appears that only one number is required so my panic has subsided a bit but until I have the visa in hand I think I will continue to feel anxiety.

Another concern is that I submitted my application on Friday on the old form and authorised payment for the previous amount (pre April 6 2013 changes). As it was sent recorded delivery it will be charged and considered under the old rules, correct? I take it they will be able to ascertain the date it was sent from the postage?

Many thanks
J

vc555

Post by vc555 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:52 pm

Many thanks
J
Dude, its not a credit check, !!

Any way it didn't matter if u had give ur home number or not, its for contact purpose, noting to do with (invalid/rejection),

but you said applied on Friday, assuming its 5th of April, wondering weather you will come under old or new rules..

Jrat19
Newly Registered

Post by Jrat19 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:57 pm

vc555 wrote:

Many thanks
J

Any way it didn't matter if u had give ur home number or not, its for contact purpose, noting to do with (invalid/rejection),

but you said applied on Friday, assuming its 5th of April, wondering weather you will come under old or new rules..
It was postmarked 5 April so that should be taken as the application date and the website states only applications made after 00:01 on Saturday 6 April are under new rules. Should be OK.

vc555

Post by vc555 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Jrat19 wrote:
vc555 wrote:

Many thanks
J

It was postmarked 5 April so that should be taken as the application date and the website states only applications made after 00:01 on Saturday 6 April are under new rules. Should be OK.
That would be fine then.. Good luck,

I made mine @ 4th .. mmm i had some problem, need to contact Ukba...
lost my wallet, blocked all my cards.... and need to change my payment method.. i called many number's since this morning 08706067766, 03001234699 etc cant connect any agent... at last i e-mailed them (public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk).

Jrat19
Newly Registered

Post by Jrat19 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:13 pm

vc555 wrote:
Jrat19 wrote:
vc555 wrote:

Many thanks
J

lost my wallet, blocked all my cards.... and need to change my payment method.. i called many number's since this morning 08706067766, 03001234699 etc cant connect any agent... at last i e-mailed them (public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk).
Urgh, that doesn't sound like fun. At least if it is invalid at the payment stage you will probably get your application returned with enough time to resubmit using the same Certificate of Sponsorship? That is, assuming that you have at least 20 days left on your current visa?

Anyhow, the whole process is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessarily stressful. Good luck to you!

vc555

Post by vc555 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Jrat19 wrote:
vc555 wrote:
Jrat19 wrote:
vc555 wrote:

Urgh, that doesn't sound like fun. At least if it is invalid at the payment stage you will probably get your application returned with enough time to resubmit using the same Certificate of Sponsorship? That is, assuming that you have at least 20 days left on your current visa?

Anyhow, the whole process is absolutely ridiculous and unnecessarily stressful. Good luck to you!
Yes its a big mess.. i had enough time 4 months current visa,.. but if it returned, will i still come under old rules... as my cos has 3 months validity ?? and don't know how it goes do i need to re appeal or resubmit ...mmmmm

Friends suggested me to post Cheque today with photocopies of my passport and covering letter,
I did that, and waiting for email reply ...

Jrat19
Newly Registered

Post by Jrat19 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:05 pm

vc555 wrote:
Jrat19 wrote:
vc555 wrote:
Jrat19 wrote:

Yes its a big mess.. i had enough time 4 months current visa,.. but if it returned, will i still come under old rules... as my cos has 3 months validity ?? and don't know how it goes do i need to re appeal or resubmit ...mmmmm

Friends suggested me to post Cheque today with photocopies of my passport and covering letter,
I did that, and waiting for email reply ...

Your old CoS should still be valid as long as you have leave to remain so I believe you will just be able to reapply. Only question then is how long until you receive your application back?

A good immigration lawyer would be able to confirm all this and advise you how to proceed. It might be worth the cost of a consultation, even at this stage. At least you will have a clearer sense of your options. The hard thing is finding somebody who is good, honest and affordable but there are people out there and it does relieve some of the stress.

vc555

Post by vc555 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:17 pm

call connected.. just now...

some one answered and i told my situation, she said

They cannot change payment method, once they are unable to made payment they will send application back
or they will contact you.

I asked her will i come under still old rules in case if they returned, she said not sure, as it is new application u might come under new rules, but i'm thinking i had my cos valid up to 3 months,... so it should be valid.. i didn't tell her that i sent cheque ....

lets see, what happen... :(

Jrat19
Newly Registered

Post by Jrat19 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:26 pm

vc555 wrote:call connected.. just now...

They cannot change payment method, once they are unable to made payment they will send application back

I asked her will i come under still old rules in case if they returned, she said not sure, as it is new application u might come under new rules, but i'm thinking i had my cos valid up to 3 months,... so it should be valid.. i didn't tell her that i sent cheque ....

I think you will just have to wait until you receive the application and reapply but as long as you have Leave to Remain, it should be OK. I can't imagine it will take more than 20 days for them to return your materials, let us know how it goes.

Out of curiosity, will it be problematic for you if you have to reapply under the new rules? Does it change salary or job codes? The CofS issued under the old rules will still be valid and I believe that the application will be judged against these, the only thing you will need to do is make sure the payment amount is correct.

vc555

Post by vc555 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Jrat19 wrote:

I think you will just have to wait until you receive the application and reapply but as long as you have Leave to Remain, it should be OK. I can't imagine it will take more than 20 days for them to return your materials, let us know how it goes.

Out of curiosity, will it be problematic for you if you have to reapply under the new rules? Does it change salary or job codes? The CofS issued under the old rules will still be valid and I believe that the application will be judged against these, the only thing you will need to do is make sure the payment amount is correct.

No its not problematic for me, i can still apply with new rules, but i think i need new cos for new rules.. ! it will change soc code, salary +400£, i'm eligible for that..

Jrat19
Newly Registered

Post by Jrat19 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:54 pm

vc555 wrote:
Jrat19 wrote:

No its not problematic for me, i can still apply with new rules, but i think i need new cos for new rules.. ! it will change soc code, salary +400£, i'm eligible for that..
I think the old CofS is still valid for a period of time, even after the changes. You should be OK but if you can afford a consultation with a lawyer (probably cost you around £200), you can get a definitive answer.

mari.vasu
Newly Registered

Post by mari.vasu » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:12 am

Many thanks
J

UKBA says You must complete all questions in this part of the form that apply to you

1.Your company 100% will have a contact number , 2. You may have mobile or maynot 3. You may have or maynot have home number

As far you write 'one contact number' in the 3 box

That question is considered as answered

Dont Worry !
All the Best