ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa, financial co-sponsor possible?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jake the peg
Newly Registered

Spouse visa, financial co-sponsor possible?

Post by jake the peg » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:49 pm

I'm a British citizen currently living in China with a Chinese wife, and son who is a British Citizen.

My wife is trying to apply for a spouse visa so we can all move to UK, but we have a problem meeting the financial requirement.

I've been living in China, so my salary for the past 12 months is below the required £22,400, but I have family members living in UK who are willing and able to provide the financial sponsorship needed.

Looking at the spouse visa application form, the questions regarding financial requirement are only aimed at the spouse/partner's finances. Is it possible for another family member (mother-in-law of the applicant) to be a co-sponsor and provide the financial requirement needed?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:21 pm

The option for third party financial support was withdrawn in the new rules.
Money can be gifted but must be held in your bank account for a minimum of 6 months.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:41 pm

if you son is British he will not increase your financial requirement. Assuming it is only your wife applying you will need to meet the 18.600 threshold not 22400

jake the peg
Newly Registered

Post by jake the peg » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Casa wrote:The option for third party financial support was withdrawn in the new rules.
Money can be gifted but must be held in your bank account for a minimum of 6 months.
d'oh!

Thanks for your help, it's saved me the application fees for a failed attempt.

jake the peg
Newly Registered

Post by jake the peg » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Greenie wrote:if you son is British he will not increase your financial requirement. Assuming it is only your wife applying you will need to meet the 18.600 threshold not 22400
Ah, ok... well that's £3,800 less I need to find. Thanks for your good news!