ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help!!! Switching from PSW to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Helpseeker707
Newly Registered

Urgent Help!!! Switching from PSW to Tier 2 General

Post by Helpseeker707 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Dear All,

I have been working with my existing employer for last 5 months now. I am planning to switch my visa status from PSW to Tier 2 before 6 April 2013. I have all the supporting documents ready. However I need a help with following queries which are;

1) How important is it to enclose my payslip along with the application? as i haven't seen anywhere written that PSW switching into Tier 2 requires to provide payslip.
2) If in case, it is mandatory then how many month's payslip do i need to provide them?
3) What if my salary on those payslips are less than mini. salary of £20K (however now my pay is more than £20K).

Will truly appreciate your speedy responses. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent Help!!! Switching from PSW to Tier 2 General

Post by physicskate » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:24 pm

Helpseeker707 wrote:
1) How important is it to enclose my payslip along with the application? as i haven't seen anywhere written that PSW switching into Tier 2 requires to provide payslip.
2) If in case, it is mandatory then how many month's payslip do i need to provide them?
3) What if my salary on those payslips are less than mini. salary of £20K (however now my pay is more than £20K).

Regards,
1.) You do not need to include any. You do not even need to be currently working for your employer, so no need to prove you have already worked for them.
2.) Moot.
3.) Moot. The salary that agrees with your SOC code (or 20K, whichever is higher) must be represented on your CoS. Make sure that your salary agrees with the Codes of Practice!!!

Helpseeker707
Newly Registered

Post by Helpseeker707 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:12 am

Thank you physicskate for your reply.

So basically, the documents i need to send with my application are;

1) Passport
2) 2 Photos
3) Old Bio-metric Resident Card
4) Letter from the employer confirming about my maintenance fund.
5) UK Degree Certificate as an evidence for English language test.

So is that all? Anything else i need to add? kindly let me know. Thanks again.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Helpseeker707 wrote:Thank you physicskate for your reply.

So basically, the documents i need to send with my application are;

1) Passport
2) 2 Photos
3) Old Bio-metric Resident Card
4) Letter from the employer confirming about my maintenance fund.
5) UK Degree Certificate as an evidence for English language test.

So is that all? Anything else i need to add? kindly let me know. Thanks again.
Sounds right, from what I recall. Follow the guidance on the application and you should be reet.

msislam
Newly Registered

Post by msislam » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:31 pm

Helpseeker707 wrote:Dear All,

I have been working with my existing employer for last 5 months now. I am planning to switch my visa status from PSW to Tier 2 before 6 April 2013. I have all the supporting documents ready. However I need a help with following queries which are;

Regards,
Hi,
You don't need to enclose payslips, because if someone in PSW those have job offer and get minimum salary based on SOC code can apply for TIER 2. You need to provide Bank statement that you have fund for maintenance.

Helpseeker707
Newly Registered

Post by Helpseeker707 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:11 am

Got it..... many thanks.... :)

arunfruity

Post by arunfruity » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:28 am

Guys is it mandatory to keep a letter from employer about maintenance of fund I have already applied for the visa and given my biometrics. I have provided a letter from my employer to UKBA confirming my job offer also in the COS my company has ticked the option to maintain funds.

Eagerly waiting for your replies
Arun

sashwilldo
Newly Registered

Maintenance letter required? I don't think so..

Post by sashwilldo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi arun,

I am about to apply as well. My employer is maintaining funds and has mentioned this on the COS. Even the guidance says that 'just a tick' in the COS is enough. Apart from that, it does not specify to submit a letter from employer or any kind of sponsor note.

Please suggest if you have any updates on this situation.. Thank you.