ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work dates and Funds help required. Urgent! Manci please?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sashwilldo
Newly Registered

Work dates and Funds help required. Urgent! Manci please?

Post by sashwilldo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi

I am on PSW at the moment. It is expiring on 30th June 2013.

My employer is ready to sponsor me and has an allocation to assign me a COS.

Should the start date on the COS be 1st July 2013 or can it be earlier, say 1st May 2013. Will it affect my visa application in any sort if I submit it in the next two days if start date is mentioned as 1st May 2013.

Also, employer is ready to maintain funds for me, so just a tick is enough on the COS? or do I need to submit any kind of a letter or a sponsor note? As per the guidance, it says just a tick is fine. But, I have seen various responses which confused me.

Your suggestions and confident answers are much appreciated. Thank you.

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:07 am

Hi
If you are switching from psw you can do that at any time . Start date can be 1st may , cos is valid for 3 months and u can apply 3 months before the start date.
If your sponsor has ticked yes , u don't need a letter but if you do it ll be better . If he is ticking yes ask for a letter.
Best of luck with your application.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Work dates and Funds help required. Urgent! Manci please

Post by manci » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:10 am

sashwilldo wrote:Hi

I am on PSW at the moment. It is expiring on 30th June 2013.

My employer is ready to sponsor me and has an allocation to assign me a COS.

Should the start date on the COS be 1st July 2013 or can it be earlier, say 1st May 2013. it can be 1 May Will it affect my visa application in any sort if I submit it in the next two days if start date is mentioned as 1st May 2013. no, you can submit your application as soon as you have the CoS

Also, employer is ready to maintain funds for me, so just a tick is enough on the COS? or do I need to submit any kind of a letter or a sponsor note? As per the guidance, it says just a tick is fine. But, I have seen various responses which confused me. tick is enough

Your suggestions and confident answers are much appreciated. Thank you.

sashwilldo
Newly Registered

Post by sashwilldo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:34 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt reply Manci and also Safatafa.

I will be applying tomorrow.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi Manci,

My situation is almost same. But my visa gonna be expired Feb'14. But I want to switch from PSW to tier 2 visa from my existing employer in June'13. Is it possible ? What will be start date on that case Feb'14 or July'13 ???

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:45 pm

janinah wrote:Hi Manci,

My situation is almost same. But my visa gonna be expired Feb'14. But I want to switch from PSW to tier 2 visa from my existing employer in June'13. Is it possible ? What will be start date on that case Feb'14 or July'13 ???
You can switch any time before Feb 2014. Your CoS will state the work start date. Once you have the CoS you must apply within 3 months and if your application is succesful your T2 leave will start on the work start date in the CoS or the UKBA decision date whichever the later.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:57 pm

manci wrote:
janinah wrote:Hi Manci,

You can switch any time before Feb 2014. Your CoS will state the work start date. Once you have the CoS you must apply within 3 months and if your application is succesful your T2 leave will start on the work start date in the CoS or the UKBA decision date whichever the later.
Thanks Manci,

So, if I applied for tier 2 visa in June'13 & if My CoS state the work start date say 1 January 2014. Then between june'13 and 31 Dec'13 what will be my visa status ?

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:51 am

Hi

Why do u want the start date in jan?
U can't apply more than 3 months before the start date and cos is valid for 3 months!!!!
Give the start date 3 months ahead of when u intend to apply.if you do what u suggested ur cos ll be invalid.
Hope this is helpful.

janinah
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by janinah » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:56 pm

Ok.... Thanks