ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Taking children in PEO appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tanvirni

Taking children in PEO appointment

Post by tanvirni » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi All,
My son is 4 years old was born in the UK. So, we are not planning him to include in ILR application.
Now the question is can we take him with us to the PEO as we will not have child care on that day.
Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Taking children in PEO appointment

Post by Amber » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:22 pm

tanvirni wrote:Hi All,
My son is 4 years old was born in the UK. So, we are not planning him to include in ILR application.
Now the question is can we take him with us to the PEO as we will not have child care on that day.
Thanks in advance
Yes

nisag
Newly Registered

Post by nisag » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:46 am

D4109125 wrote:
tanvirni wrote:Hi All,
Thanks in advance
Yes
I am confused, the automatic email from Home Office states the following:
"Do not bring anyone else; they will not be seen."

My case is a similar one, my daughter is 2.5 years old (born in the UK so is not going to be included in the ILR application) and we haven't arranged any day-care. I heard that Croydon office is very strict so is the answer 'Yes' applicable for Croydon office, my appointment is on 9th May 2013, thanks in advance for any answers.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:50 am

Kids are fine. Taking non applying adults is the problem.
Goodluck.

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:21 am

I don't see any problem taking your little one with you,

what If your kid is just few months old ? they cant ask you to go home. They probably will like to keep the appointment and make some money
(Unless you try to bring all your friends with you to the appointment )

this should be fine, but will be helpful if someone who has been to Croydon can reply

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:56 am

MonkeyBusiness wrote:this should be fine, but will be helpful if someone who has been to Croydon can reply
Both times that I have used Croydon PEO there have been children and babies (some very much newborn) attending with their parents. There is absolutely no issue with taking children to PEO even if they are not part of the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:59 am

[/quote]I am confused, the automatic email from Home Office states the following:
"Do not bring anyone else; they will not be seen."[/quote]

This applies to people that might book an appointment with no dependents (possibly because they cannot find one) and then on the day the dependent is with the main application and they try to do a main+1 dependent application and as the appointment is only for 1 application, the other one will not be considered or seen.

The appointment booking needs to be for main and all dependents that are applying. Taking your spouse/partner and children with you even if they are not applying is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tanvirni

Thanks

Post by tanvirni » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:06 am

Thank you all for those information.

nisag
Newly Registered

Post by nisag » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
I am confused, the automatic email from Home Office states the following:
"Do not bring anyone else; they will not be seen."[/quote]

This applies to people that might book an appointment with no dependents (possibly because they cannot find one) and then on the day the dependent is with the main application and they try to do a main+1 dependent application and as the appointment is only for 1 application, the other one will not be considered or seen.

The appointment booking needs to be for main and all dependents that are applying. Taking your spouse/partner and children with you even if they are not applying is fine.[/quote]

Thanks you so much for your reply.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Kids are allowed even if they are not applying. We took our toddler son with us to Croydon without any issues. You can also take kids prams inside and you can also take some snacks etc with you.

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:58 pm

shahid2000 wrote:Kids are allowed even if they are not applying. We took our toddler son with us to Croydon without any issues. You can also take kids prams inside and you can also take some snacks etc with you.
Thanks for the information.