ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to ILR - Salary requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR 2013
Newly Registered

WP to ILR - Salary requirement

Post by ILR 2013 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Hello All,

I am on work permit since 2008 sept, will be eligible to apply for ILR this sept. But, my salary is less than as shown in new COP. Any advice? also I am bit confused about below paragraph in statement of intent.

"Only those who entered Tier 2 (or the work permit arrangements) before 6 April 2011 may be paid below these thresholds, when they apply to extend their stay, change employment, or settle in the UK. However, in most of these cases, the “experienced worker” rate will apply; the “new entrant”
rate will only be relevant to those applicants who have been in Tier 2 and/or the work permit arrangements for less than 3 years and 1 month in total when they make their next application."

Is this new salary applies to WP holder?

tanvirni

Re: WP to ILR - Salary requirement

Post by tanvirni » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 am

What is your job title?

ILR 2013 wrote:Hello All,

I am on work permit since 2008 sept, will be eligible to apply for ILR this sept. But, my salary is less than as shown in new COP. Any advice? also I am bit confused about below paragraph in statement of intent.

"Only those who entered Tier 2 (or the work permit arrangements) before 6 April 2011 may be paid below these thresholds, when they apply to extend their stay, change employment, or settle in the UK. However, in most of these cases, the “experienced worker” rate will apply; the “new entrant”
rate will only be relevant to those applicants who have been in Tier 2 and/or the work permit arrangements for less than 3 years and 1 month in total when they make their next application."

Is this new salary applies to WP holder?

ILR 2013
Newly Registered

Post by ILR 2013 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Civil engineer - 2121

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:25 pm

The title is something obvious. I believe that is also mentioned in your WP?
I was thinking if the job title is not exact match your employer can choose a SOC code with your nearest job responsibly which fulfil the salary requirements.
Another option could be ask employer to do a pay rise for one month before your ILR application as you need to show only one pay slip by the rule.

ILR 2013 wrote:Civil engineer - 2121

ILR 2013
Newly Registered

Post by ILR 2013 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Thanks, I think asking employer for a increase is the only option