ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The Term " NEW ENTRANT " According to UKBA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adhigadu
Newly Registered

The Term " NEW ENTRANT " According to UKBA

Post by adhigadu » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:21 am

Can some one please describe the exact meaning of the term "NEW ENTRANT " used by UKBA in the new rules from April 6th 2013?

Does existing PSW work permit holder aged above 26 working for a company more than 1 year , be consider as NEW ENTRANT according to UKBA?

Your help will be greatly appreciated..
thanks
Aditya

ramya80
Newly Registered

Post by ramya80 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:17 pm

We will define new entrant employees as:
– graduates switching from Tier 4 into Tier 2 under our post-study provisions;
– graduate recruits where the employer has used a university “milkround” to satisfy the Resident
Labour Market Test;
– those sponsored in the Intra-Company Transfer Graduate Trainee route; and
– anyone aged 25 or under on the date of their initial Tier 2 application (analysis shows that
workers normally reach the 25th percentile by age 26).

in your case if you are over 25 you'll be considered as experienced

fsix
Newly Registered

Post by fsix » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:00 pm

I guess this is the information we have all been looking for

I found this on;

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_s ... p#tier_two

Post-study work exemption from the resident labour market test

Post-study workers

If you have or were most recently granted immigration permission under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work), or as a participant in the International Graduates Scheme or the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme, your employer is not required to carry out the resident labour market test. However, the job must meet the skills level and the minimum wage level and you must meet the English language requirement and the maintenance requirement. You qualify for the lower new entrant wage and you can apply in the UK.

Students

You are also exempt from the resident labour market test, qualify for the new entrant wage and you can apply in the UK if you meet all of the following requirements:

you have or were most recently granted student immigration permission (this includes Tier 4 leave and student, Student Union sabbatical officer and postgraduate doctor or dentist leave under the Rules that preceded Tier 4)
you have completed at least 12 months of study in the UK towards a UK PhD, or you have completed and passed a UK recognised Bachelor's or Master's degree or a UK Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma of Education (PGDE) – if you do not have your certificate, you can submit other evidence (academic transcript or reference) that must meet the requirements in the Tier 2 Policy Guidance
you studied this course at a UK recognised or listed body or at an institution that holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence (and that is still on the register of Tier 4 sponsors on the date on which you obtain your qualification)
you studied this course during your most recent period of immigration permission (leave) or during a period of continuous leave that includes this most most recent period of leave
you carried out your study or research for this course when you had immigration permission that did not prevent you from studying or carrying out research in the UK

The requirement that you must have studied your degree, PGCE or PGDE during a period of continous leave that includes your most recent period of immigration permission means that you can rely on a degree, PGCE or PGDE you completed earlier, even if you are now studying for or have obtained a different qualification. If you did not have immigration permission throughout that period, the gaps between your periods of immigration permission must be no more than 28 days.

Although your job is exempt from the resident labour market test, it must meet the skills level and the minimum wage level and you must meet the English language requirement and the maintenance requirement

IALSO SPOKE TO UKBA AND THEY ALSO CONFIRMED THAT POST STUDY WORK VISA HOLDERS CAN APPLY AS NEW ENTRANTS WITH NO AGE RESTRICTION!!

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:32 pm

fsix wrote:I guess this is the information we have all been looking for

I found this on;

Post-study workers

If you have or were most recently granted immigration permission under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work), or as a participant in the International Graduates Scheme or the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme, your employer is not required to carry out the resident labour market test. However, the job must meet the skills level and the minimum wage level and you must meet the English language requirement and the maintenance requirement. You qualify for the lower new entrant wage and you can apply in the UK.

Students

You are also exempt from the resident labour market test, qualify for the new entrant wage and you can apply in the UK if you meet all of the following requirements:

you have or were most recently granted student immigration permission (this includes Tier 4 leave and student, Student Union sabbatical officer and postgraduate doctor or dentist leave under the Rules that preceded Tier 4)
you have completed at least 12 months of study in the UK towards a UK PhD, or you have completed and passed a UK recognised Bachelor's or Master's degree or a UK Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma of Education (PGDE) – if you do not have your certificate, you can submit other evidence (academic transcript or reference) that must meet the requirements in the Tier 2 Policy Guidance
you studied this course at a UK recognised or listed body or at an institution that holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence (and that is still on the register of Tier 4 sponsors on the date on which you obtain your qualification)
you studied this course during your most recent period of immigration permission (leave) or during a period of continuous leave that includes this most most recent period of leave
you carried out your study or research for this course when you had immigration permission that did not prevent you from studying or carrying out research in the UK

The requirement that you must have studied your degree, PGCE or PGDE during a period of continous leave that includes your most recent period of immigration permission means that you can rely on a degree, PGCE or PGDE you completed earlier, even if you are now studying for or have obtained a different qualification. If you did not have immigration permission throughout that period, the gaps between your periods of immigration permission must be no more than 28 days.

Although your job is exempt from the resident labour market test, it must meet the skills level and the minimum wage level and you must meet the English language requirement and the maintenance requirement

IALSO SPOKE TO UKBA AND THEY ALSO CONFIRMED THAT POST STUDY WORK VISA HOLDERS CAN APPLY AS NEW ENTRANTS WITH NO AGE RESTRICTION!!
Thanks a lot. This infomation confirms that i can apply as a new entrant. I am on post study and aged 29 years. I booked my appointment on May 3rd. But not sure about the rules. Now I am happy that i can go with new entrant. many thanks for the info..

adhigadu
Newly Registered

Post by adhigadu » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:20 am

fsix wrote:I guess this is the information we have all been looking for

I found this on;

Post-study workers

Students

thank you so much..

sifurbo
Newly Registered

Re: The Term " NEW ENTRANT " According to UKBA

Post by sifurbo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:02 pm

Hi Guys,

I am on the same boat with age. I am applying for a post study Tier 2 visa (switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2) and am 26. I just wanted to ask whether your applications were successful or not. I have everything set, except this age thing.

Will appreciate a response

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: The Term " NEW ENTRANT " According to UKBA

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:54 am

sifurbo wrote:Hi Guys,

I am on the same boat with age. I am applying for a post study Tier 2 visa (switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2) and am 26. I just wanted to ask whether your applications were successful or not. I have everything set, except this age thing.

Will appreciate a response
This topic is more than 3 years old and the members have not posted for 2 years. Please refrain from digging up old threads. Post your question in your own topic/thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.