ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tricky question in my situation -Applying Day after tomorrow

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahmir

Tricky question in my situation -Applying Day after tomorrow

Post by shahmir » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:27 pm

I am applying at a PEO on 5th morning. Same day my three dependants (wife and two kids) applying by post to avoid higher fee which will increase from £561 to £1545 on 6th for each one of them (£2952 extra for three)

What should be the answer to the below questions, Please advise.

M1; Are you applying for leave at the same time as the PBS main applicant that you are dependant upon?

N11; Are both of your parents applying for leave at the same time as you?
Last edited by shahmir on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lets get together for migrants' rights

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:35 pm

according to my knowledge

if your dependent apply separately then it will cost you 3 x SET(O) postal fee as 561 is fee when dependent is applying with main applicant

it was better to have all three of them with you and paying extra 350 or something similar as what if PEO keeps your document for further verification or says that due to technical problems approval letter can not be issues today? you are not saving 2952, in fact you are risking for 2952 extra in order to save some and each dependent has to pay SET(O) if they apply separately, you will not have same facility or option of applying all three on one SET(O)

Please clear it with some legal expert

cskadari
Newly Registered

Post by cskadari » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:46 pm

UKBA is on strike on 5th April. They might cancel or reschedule the PEO appointments. Please check with them.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Well I tried to get PEO appointment for all of us but could not get one. I need a letter from the, to get reference (whether letter of approval or letter to send more docs etc).

I understand the point that if they cannot give me a letter on same day, I will have no reference number to fill in in the dependants' forms. I would still prefer to post their applications without reference number. I am keeping question C4 and M4 blank in dependants' forms and will fill in after I get my letter.

C4; What is the reference number for the most recent application of the PBS main applicant you are dependant on?

M4; Has the PBS main applicant received notification that their application has been successful? (ht)

Existence of Questions M4 seems helpful.

Well i do not understand other point you raised. I don't know why to use Set(O). They are PBS dependants applying to get extension for another three years (Limited LTR). Its not for ILR.
Last edited by shahmir on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:13 pm

Oh dear....Thanks for telling me this.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /01-strike

It seems no strike in the morning of 5th. May be I will end up by posting all applications together including mine. So will keep extra cheques with me.

Thanks again.

Still waiting for a reply regarding my initial question. and ali_asad_pk, please let me know what you think of my above reply. Thanks

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 am

Any comment guys?

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Please post your's today and post your dependants tomorrow then you can save £189/dependant surely.
I am posting mine today and my 1 dependant tomorrow.

I think only this is the way to save something.

Regards

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:29 pm

C4; What is the reference number for the most recent application of the PBS main applicant you are dependant on?
Answer: if you have got on the approval letter at the time of initial application or last extension (in case if you are going for 2nd extension now). If you dont have, does not matter, it is ok.

M4; Has the PBS main applicant received notification that their application has been successful? (ht):

Answer: No

Dependant Form: Tier 1, 2 and 5 Dependant Form (version 10/2012 valid from 01 October 2012 would be used upto 5th April). New version would be used on or after 6th April 2013 when it would be available on the UKBA website.

Regards,

Seniors!! plz correct me if m wrong!

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Call for strike suspended which is good news.

@mnaeem126, I am applying separately because i have appointment at a PEO for myself only. I don't think applying separately when its only you and one dependant, is a good practice. Its not big difference in payment, ideally you should have posted together in one envelope. Anyway I hope it will work.

I am in a hotel right now staying close to a PEO. Will post three dependants applications as soon as i get some news tomorrow. Will update inshAllah.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:07 am

It worked. On 5th, I got approval letter by midday. Then posted three dependants' ' applications during next hour. Attached approval letter in their documents. Visa of all of us was due to expire on 3rd May. I had to apply within last 28 days. On the other side I wanted to pay £561 rather than £1545 (increased fee from 6th) for each dependant. So planned well and all went well. I will write PEO experience in relevant section in a day or two. It was like a half hour interview.

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:13 am

Congratulations

It seems you did not get stuck in technical problems and everything went perfectly well for you as in ideal situations

Good Luck

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:43 am

Thanks. Yes thanks God it went OK. No doubt it was a bit risky dependants' payment wise but end of the day, everything sorted as planned.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:34 pm

Congrats. One point though,

About the visa fee increase from this link,
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s-2013.pdf

The visa fee increase is £750 to £1159 for dependents.

You have quoted, £561 to £1545. Please can you confirm where you got this information from?

Also, on the assumption that you interpreted it wrong, I am guessing they only deducted £750 for each of your dependent, instead of £561.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Thank you! In the link that you have provided, you are missing this line (last highlighted part on page 5)

"Dependants’ fees are for applications made at the same time as the main applicant. For PBS dependants applying individually the relevant main applicant fee is payable"

£1545 is the fee from 6th April for dependants of Tier 1 (G) applying separately (not applying together with main applicant). Until 5th April dependants applying separately have been paying £561 only.

and the below link will make everything even clearer

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... eral/cost/

Also see page 3 of the following application form:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ation1.pdf

I hope you got required information.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Many thanks for that clarification Shahmir. :)