ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After FLR(M) is issued ........

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pyromaniac

After FLR(M) is issued ........

Post by Pyromaniac » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:51 am

Marrying end of May - Wife will be Indonesian, and we shall be applying on form FLR(M) straight after the marriage for the 2 year 'probationary' period.

What (if any) are the rules regarding my then wife leaving the UK and returning to Bali and coming back to the UK at a later date ?

She has ties to sever, a job to see out, assets to sort out / dispose of and things like this.

Are there rules regulating how long at any time she can leave the UK for, or is this not allowed.

We could be talking several months here - not like a 2 week honeymoon.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:02 pm

In another topic you posted :-
Well, my fiancee in Bali got news from her agent that they have her passport back complete with fiancee visa !!
So the marriage is here in the UK and following that the 2-year spouse visa will be applied for. and after that is in here passport she will go back to Bali for some time.

OK, when applying for the ILR near the end of the 2-year spouse visa it needs to be clear that the person has been living in the UK, rather than using their spouse visa like some sort of glorified visitor visa. But I think that if there is one long absence for a few months for her to do the sorts of things you mention, and after she returns to the UK there are no more absences apart from say a 2-week summer holiday break, then she will probably be OK.

Don't overlook that by the time she applies for the ILR she will have needed to pass the Citizenship Test.
John

Pyromaniac

Post by Pyromaniac » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:50 pm

Thanks John, so really even though she has a lot to sort out, we should try and get the final move over here completed as soon as possible.

It will take so long as her job is in Bali - but her own house is in Jakarta, so a lot of travelling and flights are needed to sort these out, the job is contractual so she has to see it out ( I know - she could just leave! ) as by seeing it out she will get references and a significant bonus on completion.

We should be able to get paperwork confirming the employment side of things as proof it was an existing job she is fulfilling before making the permanent move.

Thanks again

Gerry

Pyromaniac

Post by Pyromaniac » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:38 pm

Out of curiosity - what happens if the ILR application fails when applied for at the end of the 2 year period ?

Is it a case of applying for FLR again and starting another 2 year period ?

Pyromaniac

Post by Pyromaniac » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:39 pm

And another little query or two -

After looking through the new 2007 FLR(M) form, it says the fee is £595(applying in person) ?

If so this is great (well - not great ! ) as I must have misread the new fee list which came out and was thinking it was £950 - or is £950 the fee for after the 2 year period - to apply for ILR ?

And can I book an appointment for FLR now - before the wedding ?

- book it now for after the wedding I mean ...