ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Croydon PEO 9th April 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kay1727
Newly Registered

ILR Success Croydon PEO 9th April 2013

Post by kay1727 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:10 am

Finally, all the tension is over. My wife got ILR set (m) yesterday at Croydon PEO. I would like to thank all on this forum for helping me out with my questions and would also like to express my appreciation for all the posters. Information has been very valuable.

Our experience was slightly different to the many other posted on the forum, so here goes.

•Arrived at 12:50 for 13:30 appointment
•Friendly security guard checked confirmation email on my phone and directed us towards the airport style x-ray machines and metal detectors. (Requested to remove all metal items, jackets, mobiles, belts etc.)
•2 Minutes later we were advised to walk along a corridor to a counter where my wife’s documents were checked, stamped valid, and were provided with a raffle ticket number. (I later found out that the raffle tickets are temporary, until they shift all operations onto 2nd floor). The gentleman behind the glass advised us to go up to the 1st floor to pay the fees.
•There was no queue at the cashiers so we were able to walk straight up to one of the ladies who were serving. She asked us to provided only the payment page and raffle ticket. Made payment for £1426 (ouch) and was advised to proceed to the other side of the 1st floor where we will need to wait to be called.
•Time is now 13:00, so yes we have been fairly lucky to clear the above stages so quickly. At 13:10 our ticket number was called to the counter, where our photographs were scanned onto the system, passports checked. Lady advised us to proceed to the 2nd floor where we would need to wait for my wife’s biometrics.
•Wife was called for biometrics at around 13:30, which took approx. 5 minutes. We were then advised to report at counter number 44(customer service desk), where the lady only made a note of our ticket number and then we were told to wait.

Wait it was, as we were waiting for 2 hours and 5 minutes. This process was extremely nerve racking. As some of you will know, I was not confident about our co-habiting documents what so ever. We only had one bill on my wife’s name which did not even cover the whole two years. Most of our letters were in all honesty pretty useless. We were unable to sleep the night before and on the train down to Croydon my wife and I barely spoke. This carried on pretty much until the point her application was approved.

•So the moment of truth had finally come, at 15:45 our ticket number was announced. We proceeded to the counter with some sort of tunnel vision, oblivious to what was around us, just wanting to get there quicker than our trembling legs allowed us to. So we take a seat, CW apologised about delay and said if we can give him all the documents.
1.Checked Wife’s passport
2.Checked my passport
3.Checked photographs
4.Skim read first two pages of application form
5.Checked wife’s LITUK Cert
6.Checked Marriage Cert
7.Wife’s bank statements
8.My Bank statements
9.My Invoice and contract (I am self-employed)
10.1st Question – do you have photocopies. Answer- Yes.
11.Takes both passports and comes back with a few papers with UKBA heading. At this point we are really nervous as the following documents in our huge pile are pretty much crap I managed to source over the last few weeks trying to prove that we have been living together, which we obviously have. Most of them were online printouts.
12.He signs one of the papers, takes the photocopies and says – congratulations, your application has been approved.

Unbelievably shocked as none of our co-hab documents were checked. Is it really this easy? Well it does not matter now. We can finally go on our long awaited holiday.

Thank you everyone, keep up the good work.
[/list]

KayNa

Post by KayNa » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:43 am

Congratulations! Sounds quite intense - hopefully my interview next week will be as successful as yours :)

I am also self employed, can I ask what evidence you provided as "invoices"? Most of mine are in the form of emails to clients outlining the services being provided on a certain date and the price, then a confirmation reply email to the client once the payment arrived in my bank account.

Did you have any invoices such as this?

Besides an accountant's letter confirming profit & loss, did you provide any other documents as evidence for earnings?
Any advice you have based on your experience with the self-employed aspect of your application would be really appreciated.

kay1727
Newly Registered

Post by kay1727 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:29 am

KayNa wrote:Congratulations! Sounds quite intense - hopefully my interview next week will be as successful as yours :)

I am also self employed, can I ask what evidence you provided as "invoices"? Most of mine are in the form of emails to clients outlining the services being provided on a certain date and the price, then a confirmation reply email to the client once the payment arrived in my bank account.

Did you have any invoices such as this?

Besides an accountant's letter confirming profit & loss, did you provide any other documents as evidence for earnings?
Any advice you have based on your experience with the self-employed aspect of your application would be really appreciated.
Thanks, to be honest with you it is not as intense as we made it. The reason why we were really nervous was due to the fact that our co-hab documents were pretty much non existent.

In terms of self-employment, I have been self employed for about 1 month. I am a contractor so I provided my invoice which I sent to the company I provide my services to alongside my contract. The caseworker matched the figure on the invoice to my bank statement. I also provided my payslips for 12 months from my previous job.

Best piece of advice I can give you is to be very organised with your documents and take photocopies of everything, it makes the caseworker's life easier. But there are senior members on this board who will be able to give you much better advice then me.

This is how I organised the documents:

Wife's and my passport
Set (m) application form
Wife and my photos in a small envelope papercliped to the first page
LITUK test certificate
Marriage Certificate
Wife's bank statements
my bank statements
My invoice
My contract
Payslips
P60's
Letters on wife's name in date order
Letters on my name in date order
Letters on both names in date order

alanwong

Re: ILR Success Croydon PEO 9th April 2013

Post by alanwong » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 am

Congratulations on you! Very nice describtion of your experience.
Enjoy your holiday then.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Congratulations. Good Experience. You have best described the Experiences most of the applicants go through. Trust you and your wife are talking away like before. :D

yash.yashm
Newly Registered

Post by yash.yashm » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:27 pm

Did they asked about any absences and any letter about this at all ?
kay1727 wrote:Finally, all the tension is over. My wife got ILR set (m) yesterday at Croydon PEO. I would like to thank all on this forum for helping me out with my questions and would also like to express my appreciation for all the posters. Information has been very valuable.

Our experience was slightly different to the many other posted on the forum, so here goes.

•Friendly security guard checked confirmation email on my phone and directed us towards the airport style x-ray machines and metal detectors. (Requested to remove all metal items, jackets, mobiles, belts etc.)
•2 Minutes later we were advised to walk along a corridor to a counter where my wife’s documents were checked, stamped valid, and were provided with a raffle ticket number. (I later found out that the raffle tickets are temporary, until they shift all operations onto 2nd floor). The gentleman behind the glass advised us to go up to the 1st floor to pay the fees.
•There was no queue at the cashiers so we were able to walk straight up to one of the ladies who were serving. She asked us to provided only the payment page and raffle ticket. Made payment for £1426 (ouch) and was advised to proceed to the other side of the 1st floor where we will need to wait to be called.
•Time is now 13:00, so yes we have been fairly lucky to clear the above stages so quickly. At 13:10 our ticket number was called to the counter, where our photographs were scanned onto the system, passports checked. Lady advised us to proceed to the 2nd floor where we would need to wait for my wife’s biometrics.
•Wife was called for biometrics at around 13:30, which took approx. 5 minutes. We were then advised to report at counter number 44(customer service desk), where the lady only made a note of our ticket number and then we were told to wait.

Wait it was, as we were waiting for 2 hours and 5 minutes. This process was extremely nerve racking. As some of you will know, I was not confident about our co-habiting documents what so ever. We only had one bill on my wife’s name which did not even cover the whole two years. Most of our letters were in all honesty pretty useless. We were unable to sleep the night before and on the train down to Croydon my wife and I barely spoke. This carried on pretty much until the point her application was approved.

•So the moment of truth had finally come, at 15:45 our ticket number was announced. We proceeded to the counter with some sort of tunnel vision, oblivious to what was around us, just wanting to get there quicker than our trembling legs allowed us to. So we take a seat, CW apologised about delay and said if we can give him all the documents.
2.Checked my passport
3.Checked photographs
6.Checked Marriage Cert
7.Wife’s bank statements
8.My Bank statements
11.Takes both passports and comes back with a few papers with UKBA heading. At this point we are really nervous as the following documents in our huge pile are pretty much crap I managed to source over the last few weeks trying to prove that we have been living together, which we obviously have. Most of them were online printouts.
12.He signs one of the papers, takes the photocopies and says – congratulations, your application has been approved.

Unbelievably shocked as none of our co-hab documents were checked. Is it really this easy? Well it does not matter now. We can finally go on our long awaited holiday.

[/list]

kay1727
Newly Registered

Post by kay1727 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:58 pm

alanwong wrote:Congratulations on you! Very nice describtion of your experience.
Enjoy your holiday then.
Thank you very much, certainly will enjoy.

kay1727
Newly Registered

Post by kay1727 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Congratulations. Good Experience. You have best described the Experiences most of the applicants go through. Trust you and your wife are talking away like before. :D
I thought it is a small way to say thank you to everyone who has helped me through the process, hopefully my experience can help others.

Talking like before - she can't keep her mouth closed :)
Last edited by kay1727 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kay1727
Newly Registered

Post by kay1727 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:03 pm

yash.yashm wrote:Did they asked about any absences and any letter about this at all ?
kay1727 wrote:Finally, all the tension is over. My wife got ILR set (m) yesterday at Croydon PEO. I would like to thank all on this forum for helping me out with my questions and would also like to express my appreciation for all the posters. Information has been very valuable.

2.Checked my passport
3.Checked photographs
6.Checked Marriage Cert
7.Wife’s bank statements
8.My Bank statements

[/list]
We were not questioned about any absence as my wife was present in the UK for the full two years. If you do have any absences then you should record it on a excel spreedsheet. That is what I have read on the forum.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:18 pm

2.Checked my passport
3.Checked photographs
6.Checked Marriage Cert
7.Wife’s bank statements
8.My Bank statements

[/list]
Congrats. It's all up to the caseworkers opinion if he or she believes you're in a genuine relationship and it's been subsisting for the 2 years then that's fine. Cohab documents are needed to prove this if any doubt arises, therefore, in your case the caseworker had no doubt.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:21 pm

kay1727 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:Congratulations. Good Experience. You have best described the Experiences most of the applicants go through. Trust you and your wife are talking away like before. :D
I thought it is a small way to say thank you to everyone who has helped me through the process, hopefully my experience can help others.

Talking like before - she can't keep her mouth closed :)
After all it's your wife. May be she is trying to thank You for getting her ILR and how much she loves you.You have to put up with it.Well done both. :D

elv15

Post by elv15 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:59 am

Congratulations, i also had a fairly wonderful experience when i did my set (M) application at croydon on 3 april, i personally believe Set (M) applications are not as hard as we some times think. Set (O)s seem to be a bit more hard.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=131207
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.