ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application - Can I hide my financial info?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abra2k
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Application - Can I hide my financial info?

Post by abra2k » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi All,

My wife to be in Lahore is about to submit a visa application for a spouse visa to the UK.

As part of the submission, I have to provide my salary etc for 6 months, is there any way I can hide this info. from my wife to be, e.g. would UKBA accept a sealed envelope containing my financial information?

Thank you

r4sh1d

Post by r4sh1d » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Typically Gerry's will ask for photocopies to be made of each document so it is unlikely you can submit the documents without your partner seeing them.

silverdiablo7
Newly Registered

Post by silverdiablo7 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:53 am

Well I m not sure about spouse visas, but on a student visa I remember my sponsor gave his financial details in a sealed envelope with his business stamp and signature for tamper proof I think, but at the VFS that I applied you couldnt give sealed or any envelopes so I had to open it but only hand to them the letter. I dont know if its a security measure.
So you can write something on that mentions a procedure and your spouse can them had the contents over in front. but you wont get that document back unless you had copies, not sure if this applies in other places.

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:35 am

impossible...

as online vaf4a form will be printed and signed by applicant

and also appendix 2 will be signed by applicant..

applicant will fill in information about sponsor , annual gross pay,job title , etc !!

all documents will need to be photocopied and gerrys staff go through all the documents infront of applicant to make sure all documents are in place..

abra2k
Newly Registered

Post by abra2k » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Thank you for the replies.
Who does the photocopying, what happens to the original and photocopied financial documents?

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:26 pm

applicant has to give in 2 bundles...

one bundle of originals and 2nd bundle of original bundles copies....