ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing Benefit Claim on ILR - Tier1 General Dependent

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

evershineforu
Newly Registered

Housing Benefit Claim on ILR - Tier1 General Dependent

Post by evershineforu » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:22 pm

I am in ILR and my wife's ILR is due in three months time, in the mean time her visa as Tier1 PBS extension is due now to cover the two years eligibility.

f I am eligible for housing benefit and claim it, will it affect her Tier1 PBS extension and ILR after three months?

When checked with council for Housing Benefit, they need both the names to be entered in the application along with the child in order to process.

Please could someone advise how my wife's both the VISA will be affected if I claim HB on eligibility?

Thanks in advance for your respnse.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Housing Benefit Claim on ILR - Tier1 General Dependent

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:55 pm

evershineforu wrote:I am in ILR and my wife's ILR is due in three months time, in the mean time her visa as Tier1 PBS extension is due now to cover the two years eligibility.

f I am eligible for housing benefit and claim it, will it affect her Tier1 PBS extension and ILR after three months?

When checked with council for Housing Benefit, they need both the names to be entered in the application along with the child in order to process.

Please could someone advise how my wife's both the VISA will be affected if I claim HB on eligibility?

Thanks in advance for your respnse.
Your wife is subject to immigration control you must Inform the council of this. This means that you can claim benefits in your name but the income of you both will be taken into account but the applicable amount will be based on just you and the child. Basically she'll not get any public funds and thus won't breach her immigration control.

crb

Post by crb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 pm

What about her ILR application??.... Maintenance criteria for ILR???
If her household is receiving HB , even though no rules are broken!! , how will the ILR application be handled!!??

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:49 pm

crb wrote:What about her ILR application??.... Maintenance criteria for ILR???
If her household is receiving HB , even though no rules are broken!! , how will the ILR application be handled!!??
Depends on the visa type. If he's working it's unlikely that they would get much housing benefit unless he was classed as severely disabled.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

evershineforu
Newly Registered

Post by evershineforu » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:42 am

Thanks Guys, to avoid risking myself I am not applying for it now until she has awarded ILR in couple of months of time.

Thanks for your time and suggestion.