ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sirdi
Newly Registered

Child Registration

Post by Sirdi » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:23 am

Can someone advise me on this issue :

I was born in Hong Kong so I was eligible to apply British Citizen. And

I'm a British Citizen since 2009. Since then I live and work in UK.
I'm married and have a child (born on August 2008) before I become a British Citizen. My family (wife and child) arrived in the UK one and half year back on spouse visa which is around 28 months visa for all.

As far as my child concern, when can I apply for registration to become citizen and which form do I have to use for?

Thank you?
Last edited by Sirdi on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:46 am

Child's British citizenship registration will be subject to discretion (3(1)). Child's ILR will normally be expected. Child's age and parents' immigration status will be relevant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sirdi
Newly Registered

Post by Sirdi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:45 pm

vinny wrote:Child's British citizenship registration will be subject to discretion (3(1)). Child's ILR will normally be expected. Child's age and parents' immigration status will be relevant.
Thank you Vinni.
What would you like to advise me either ILR or Registration? or seek legal advise.
As far as child mother concern, she is due to apply ILR on or around August 2013.

Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:08 pm

Child applies for ILR with mother.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.